✺8✺

CHAPTER 8

     "Jungkook-ah..."

     "Ne, Wonnie?"

     I just couldn't figure it out. The last thing I remembered before this moment was the Seungcheol guy pinning me against the wall by my wrists and then I woke up here. It was not an easy feeling either.

     I was so thankful Jungkook was back from the hospital but it felt too good to be true. He couldn't have been healed perfectly that quickly.

     "Are you sure you didn't undergo any procedures while you were asleep? Nothing happened that could have sped up your healing process or...?" I asked. I wanted to make sure it was all in my head and the magic I was imagining didn't exist. 

     "Not any that I was informed of..."

"Do you like what you see, Chaewon?"

A voice spoke, but Jungkook's lips hadn't budged. My thoughts, my body, and my heart stopped at that very moment. A low, echoing voice at the back of my head had just spoken, and I had no idea how to even react.

"W-Who said that?" I stuttered.

Jungkook looked at me strangely, knitting his eyebrows together. He tilted his head. I stiffened up immediately, already able to tell he didn't hear.

"Who said... that you were able to go home? And who dropped you off?" My poor attempt to cover up the small mishap was a too lame to be believable. But it was a good thing Jungkook believes anything I say.

"Nevermind that," he nodded. "I'm here now and that's all that matters right?" The corners of his mouth turned upwards as he gave me a grin, the one that would always make me feel warm even when everything else seems so cold.

     Something was different, however.  Something in the way he moved. It almost didn't seem natural.  His movements were usually so relaxed, never as stiff. As if he was replaced with an exact replica of himself. I wasn't sure what it was. I wasn't sure who it was.

     His words were the same, but he wasn't himself. They may have been his words, but his voice was dying, with another one trying to take its place. 

     I saw it then; his eyes. It was that moment that I knew I shouldn't have looked directly into them. One blink, and suddenly, his brown, soothing eyes were replaced with a pale color, almost gray. The longer I stared, the more I lost myself.

"Were you happy?"

My surroundings grew darker, until all that was left to see was his eyes. I couldn't move.

The next thing I knew, I was back at the alley.

~~~~

[A/N]

Short filler again :/ Sorry peeps, I've neglected this book. But I'm back! I'll try to update more often. Summer's coming up real soon~

-jwwoo__

{UNEDITED}