I care you know!

3rd person
Quest slept close to Drake that night in fear that if he were to turn his back his best friend might disappear. He was laying next to him, tail intertwined, and facing each other. Drake may have been asleep but Quest was wide awake fearing for his friend. Drake was like a brother to Quest, loosing him would destroy Quest. After a while Quest finally fell asleep cuddling close to Drake and hours later night broke. Drake awoke and stretched only to be stopped with a massive aching in his foot. He looked down at it, it had gotten a bit better but it was still a mess knowing this caused Drake to whimper. Quest awoke to the the noise and looked at his friend.

"Quest, it hurts" Drake whimpered.

Quest nodded and sighed.

"I'm sorry bud but I'm afraid there's nothing I can do"

Drake flattened his ears and licked his paw. Quest sat up and walked to the entrance of the den and laid there.

"This is all my fault" he muttered.

"I shouldn't have left the den with out telling him."

Quest's ears flatten and he whined. He was scared he was only trying to help but instead injured his friend. Quest began pondering wether or not his presence was endangering Drake.

"Was I really the cause of this?" He asked himself as he looked up at the dark starry sky.

Drake heard his words and walked to the entrance and laid next to Quest.

"No of course not what happened was just an accident"

Quest looked at Drake.

"You think so?"

Drake smiled and licked his friend's cheek and snuggled close to him. Quest smiled and returned his affection. Both of them sat there staring at the bright beautiful stars. Drake looked at Quest one more time before falling asleep and the same was for Quest. They were happy there laying in their den but tomorrow they HAD to go hunting cause Winter was just around the corner and their food supply was still quiet low. But for now that was tomorrow's problem not theirs.