Chapter 1

~Chace~

"Sorry C, your mom never showed up."

After hearing those words, I put my head down shaking it in confusion. How could she have not shown up when I personally walked her to work this morning. I stood there in deep thought for a moment. I started to realize how different my mom was acting once we reached her job earlier. It was as if she was hesitant to go inside.

I remember her saying she wanted to watch and make sure I get up the block safely due to a murder that took place around the way a few days ago. I tried to convince her that I would be fine and that I would much rather make sure she gets into work safely.

But my mother had a better way with convincing. So for her, I went on my way. She waved and smiled every time I turned to look back at her. Although the drugs took a tole on my mothers physical appearance, she still had that smile of an angel. That smile which gave me hope.

"Mr. P are you sure? I mean, I walked her here this morning. Has anyone seen her?" I looked around the room at a few of the workers who were cleaning up for the day. Some of them shaking their heads all nonchalant as if they had no care. I just shot them an evil look. That's when Mr. P placed his hand on my shoulder and pulled me to the side.

"Look C. I hate to tell you this but. We think your mother might be using again."

"We? Who's we Mr. P? These other ex druggies you have working here?" I said loud enough for them all to hear me.

"Just because my mother hasn't been clean as long as they have, doesn't mean you have the right to make false accusations about her using again."

"Look son, I'm just try_" "Nah.. you ain't really doing shit." I shot back interrupting him before he went any further.

I then left the building in search for my mother myself. I refuse to believe she was using again. Them old druggies at the shelter just wanted something to talk about. A few of them ladies in there use to envy my mother. Now they act as if she's below them.

I took a few scrolls around the area in hopes to find her. I was roaming around for a good hour, the sky getting darker by the minute. No luck. Although I was a bit worried, I tried to think on a positive note. It has been an hour so I'm sure she'd be home by now.

Before making my way back home, I decided to stop in the Chinese store to grab something to eat cause I know the girls had to be hungry by now. It was a Friday night so the store was packed with a bunch of niggas just lounging around. I'm sure somebody had to be paying the owner a little sum sum on the side because they act as if the commotion didn't bother them.

I swiftly made my way past a few dudes nodding at the ones I knew, and headed right to the counter. I ordered a Family Meal which came with 2 meats, 2 sides, some eggroles and a large soda. As I was waiting on my food, two unfamiliar guys came walking in, the one a bit more hype than the other.

"Damn I think that bitch scratched my dick with her teeth." one of the dudes said as he gripped up his manhood. The other guy started laughing. "nigga that's cause ya overly horny ass kept shoving ya meat down the bitch throat." "Well shit nigga, it was a free dick suck why not go balls deep up in the throat." both the dudes started cracking up as they made their way to the counter.

The calmer one glanced over at me. He was brown skin, stood about 6 foot well built with dreads. He had on a black beater, ball shorts with a pair of Nike slides. aggressiveness spread all across his face.