Chapter 2

The few following days after the event, Adrien ended up zoning out throughout class. He couldn't keep his thoughts away from the fact that Marinette had been Ladybug this entire time as well as his long-term crush. It was a lot to take in.

Sometimes, he spent time glancing at her back instead of taking notes; which he should be doing since there was a test the next day. Luckily, he received a passing grade that nearly got by. He looked over to Marinette to see what she scored until Nino elbowed him in the arm to grab his attention.

"Dude. What's up with you these days?" He held up Adrien's test and pointed at the score. "You usually score higher than this."

Sighing, he rubbed the back of his neck. "Just... There's just been some things on my mind that's all."

"Some things? I've noticed how you've been staring at Marinette recently too. Not quite subtle. Don't tell me you got a crush on her?" Nino smirked as he patted Adrien's back. "Good luck with that dude. Alya and I are going to the movies."

"See you tomorrow, I guess." Adrien took his bag and walked his way out; not paying any attention, he accidentally bumped into someone and that someone was Marinette. "Oh! I'm sorry Mari!"

She had a goofy smile plastered across her face. "I-It's goku—onions—o-ok A-Adrien!"

He laughed and smiled in return. "I hope we can get along more."

Noticing what he had just said out loud, he quickly excused himself and made his way to his ride. He buried his face in his hands, hiding how red he was. Even his ears were burning as much as his face was. He did a quick slap on both sides of his face.

'Maybe I'll go visit her tonight.'

As planned, night arrived. He transformed into Chatnoir before sneaking his way out from his bedroom windows. He jumped roof to roof with his baton and soon enough he arrived at Marinette's balcony.

From the glass doors, he saw Marinette enter her bedroom fresh-looking as if she had just finished showering. His heart began to thump faster the more he stared. He calmed himself down a bit and walked over to the door, tapping it a few times.

With a surprised look, she came over and opened the door to let the savior in. "Hey Chat!"

He flashed a smile. "Hi purr-incess!"

"Your puns are good enough to kill the mood." She teasingly smirked while resting herself against him back as he laid flat out on his stomach on her bed. "What's up?"

"Um... I was wondering if you're dating anyone." He asked out of the blue. "Like that one boy, Nathaniel?"

She shook her head. "No, we're not. But, I do have a crush on a model."

"Oh? Who?"

"Someone you should know."

"Really?"

Nodding, she ruffled his hair. "Feels nice! Fluffy!" Marinette rested her head on his, chuckling. "I wish you could be my kitty forever."

Chatnoir's cheeks tinted pink as he turned away mumbling. "Me too."