Chapter 3

For the past few days, Marinette's been noticing the small glances from her big time crush, Adrien. She wondered why. It seemed like he was trying to solve some sort of puzzle. She hoped he was ok.

Along with the looks came Chatnoir's frequent visits. He'd come over daily every night. The two would hang out and play around while her parents stayed downstairs watching baking competitions or sleeping.

It was fun being together; they had grown closer. Marinette wanted to get to know him more. She wanted to know who was the boy behind the mask. If he was someone she knew or not. Including if he had someone he liked...

'Why would I want to know if he likes anyone? Of course he does. Everyone knows he's in love with Ladybug. That's technically me, but I can't tell him that. He'll be disappointed. His strong willed, beautiful, courageous, and smart lady is actually the opposite; a clumsy, goofy, and shy girl. If only I could be just like Ladybug's personality.' Marinette sighed to herself.

The next night, Chatnoir came over as his usual time and rested on her bed. Suddenly, a soothing humming tune comforted him. He glanced at Marinette who was sewing a beanie for Adrien. She had overheard him say how chilly he's been feeling recently.

He scooted closer to her and placed his chin on her shoulder, looking over to see her work. "What's this for?"

"It's a beanie for Adrien Agreste." She replied with a small smile, hiding her growing excitement; the beanie was almost ready so she was trying to finish it tonight to give it to him tomorrow.

"For what?"

"Well, I heard he's been feeling chilly. So, I made this." For a second, she thought she saw him smiling happily before he changed expressions.

"Really? I bet he'll love it!"

"I hope he does."

"I already love you..." Chatnoir mumbled quietly.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"No, it's nothing." He smiled and patted her head before taking his leave.

Once he left, her face exploded into flames. She took a magazine nearby and fanned herself.

"W-What was that? Did I hear him correctly?"