7. Aphrodite

Another week flies by in school, and it's Friday once again. I'm hoping the rest of the year goes by as quickly as these first few weeks have. It's lunch now and today I can't eat with my normal group. I'm stuck after Ms. Fitzpatrick's class finishing a test for calculus. As soon as the bell rings for lunch, most of the class funnels out the door. Only a couple students and I are left, but they leave after a couple of minutes.

I apologize to Ms. Fitzpatrick, but she tells me to take my time. I honestly hate this town for one reason and one reason only: every freaking woman in this town is capable of being a model. Ms. Fitzpatrick shouldn't be stuck in a school dealing with bratty teenagers filled with angst. She should be in California somewhere posing on a yacht for a fancy photo shoot.

Ms. Fitzpatrick is tall, thin, and tan. I'd say she looks like a Barbie, but she's honestly so much more beautiful than that. She often wears her long dirty blonde locks up in a ponytail or pulls her hair into a bun. She's also one of those teachers who are so young that she hasn't had her spirit broken yet by high schoolers so she tends to smile a lot. The worst part about Ms. Fitzpatrick is that she's actually a great teacher. She makes calculus make sense. Do you know how hard that is to do?

I focus back on my test, but that focus doesn't last for long when Logan walks in the classroom. "Fitzpatrick." Her tone sounds serious. That's unusual. She walks into the classroom with her backpack on and carrying a container that I'm assuming contains her lunch.

Ms. Fitzpatrick looks up from her desk, and keeps a straight face. "Well hello to you too, Ms. Spencer."

"How's my least favorite teacher?" Logan cracks a smile. Of course she isn't serious. When is Logan Spencer ever serious?

Ms. Fitzpatrick smiles right back at Logan. "I can't complain. How's my favorite slacker?"

Logan starts walking towards Ms. Fitzpatrick, and swings her bag off of her shoulders and onto the floor. "Hydrated."

"What?"

"Well that's all I'm really sure of and you've gotta stay positive, you know?" Logan still hasn't noticed that I'm in the classroom. I guess she just assumed that no one would be in here since it's lunch. She sits on top of a desk facing Ms. Fitzpatrick, and away from me.

Ms. Fitzpatrick stands up from her desk and begins walking closer to Logan. "What have you got for me today, Logan?" Oh no. This seems like the beginning of a movie I should not be watching right now.

"You're gonna love it." The confidence in Logan's voice makes me wonder if I should make my presence known. But Ms. Fitzpatrick knows that I'm still here, so nothing weird is going to happen right? "Here," Logan hops off the desk and meets Ms. Fitzpatrick halfway. They're now standing so I can see both of their profiles. "The math teachers let me use the microwave in their lounge." Logan hands the container to Ms. Fitzpatrick.

Ms. Fitzpatrick opens the container and takes a bite of whatever is inside. "Oh my god." Her eyes widen at Logan. "This is amazing." She says between bites.

"It's my own little spin on pigs in a blanket." Logan starts to explain. "It's a hot dog, wrapped in cheese, wrapped in bacon, with a little bit of jalapeño pepper, and wrapped in a crescent roll. Except I couldn't get the pretty shape so it's more like a ball."

Okay I didn't know Logan cooked. I also didn't know that taste buds could get erections, but I'm pretty sure that just happened. My mouth is watering at the sound of what Logan made. Okay this is officially the weirdest moment I've experienced since moving here.

I finish my test, swing bag over my shoulder, and walk up to Ms. Fitzpatrick, placing my test on her desk. Logan's eyes widen when she spots me. I don't think I've seen Logan be embarrassed before, but she clearly is now. She blinks a couple of times to regain her confident stature.