Chapter 2 - Change Is Coming

After many, many non-stop hours of traveling, Fergal, the boys, and I made it to Arizona. Where we were, I'll never know, but nonetheless, we found an abandoned building in the middle of nowhere. It appeared to be an old gas station. Drew attempted to peep through the windows, but he couldn't see a thing. Chad went around to the back of the building and managed to pry open the window. "You're smallest, climb in there and open the door!" He commanded, wiping sweat from his forehead. "No way! There could be bugs or snakes or something in there!" I shouted. Fergal gently pushed me to the side, deciding he'd climb through the window himself. After a minute or two, the front doors opened. Immediately noticing how huge the door was, I came up with an idea.

Chad started the van and carefully drove it into the run down building. The van just barely made it through. I smiled as no police officers would be able to see our van now. Many, many miles up the road we stopped at a gas station for food. Chad and I ran in for food, gathering as much as we possibly could. Of course, we paid for the food, not wanting to seem suspicious, and we bolted. We spent nearly $500 on snacks and drinks for us all. Though the drinks wouldn't stay cold long, we'd have to make it work. Criminals paying for something? Wow... maybe we're not as badass as we thought we were, huh?

By some miracle, this run down place still had electricity. It blew my mind. There miraculously was a refrigerator that still sort of worked. We placed the drinks in the fridge and decided we might as well get cozy. We'd be here a while.

I still had news I needed to tell Fergal. But honestly, I was way too scared to say it. What if he got so angry that he left me behind in the middle of nowhere? What if he hated me after I told him? Ugh, I was being so negative. All this time I thought I was the positive one of the group. I decided I'd take the chance and tell Fergal. Hopefully he'll be happy. "Fergie?" I said. "Yes, my darling?" He replied, looking at me as we got cozy against one another. "I need to tell you something... and I'm worried you may not be happy with me..." I confessed. "Damn it, Riley, what'd you do?" He asked, preparing for the worst. "Well, Fergal... It's not exactly what I, myself did... It's what WE did... together," I say. He looks at me confused. I glance over at Drew and Chad, the two of them just as confused as Fergal. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before blurting it out, "Fergal, I'm pregnant," I tell him, tears making their way down my face. Fergal moves away from me. Oh no. He stands up. I wipe my tears and open my eyes, staring up at him, as he stares down at me with a shocked expression. He sighs and looks over at the boys. They don't say a word. "I'm sorry, please don't hate me. Please!" I plead. Fergal slowly drops to his knees in front of me, taking my hands away from my eyes. He tilts my chin up, having me look directly into his eyes. "You're pregnant?" He asks quietly. I nod and sniffle. He looks down at the floor before pulling me into him, hugging me. I wrap my arms and legs around his torso, refusing to let go. He pulls back and kisses me intensely on the lips. "Wow... I'm gonna be a dad..." He states, wide-eyed. I giggle and kiss him again. "How do you know?" He asks, placing a hand on my stomach, as there's currently no bump for me to show off. "Well I haven't had my period in over two months and I've gotten up many times at about 8 AM having to puke. You guys kinda slept through it all," I ramble, "Plus I may have gotten a pregnancy test a few weeks ago when we were in the city, and it was positive," I smile. Fergal looks at me so lovingly. This was the side of Fergal I missed. He used to be so quiet, so loving and happy, so nerdy. I loved everything about nerdy Fergal. He played video games, built legos, collected action figures, and was addicted to wrestling. Now, this "demon" inside of Fergal doesn't care about any of that. He only cares about money and the thrill of committing crimes. Fergal was all smiles when a scared look appeared on his face. "Umm... what happens when the baby comes? If we're in the middle of nowhere what do we do? If we have to take you to the hospital, they'll catch us!" He worries. I calm him down. "Well, I was hoping you guys would like my idea. It involves serenity, happiness, and security," I tell them. "Talk to us," Drew pipes up. I smirk, pulling Fegal down to sit beside me before I begin to tell them all about my idea.