Chapter 4 - Shipping Up To Boston

Fergal, Chad, Drew, and I all eventually made it to Boston, Massachusetts. Fergal directed Chad, as he was driving our van, to his aunt's house. Fergal made his way to the door of his aunt's home, knocking on it and patiently waiting for someone to answer the door. He asked the boys and I to stay in the van until he got permission for us to stay there. Fergal told me that if push came to shove, he would pull the "my girlfriend is pregnant and we need a place to stay" card. I peered out of the window, watching my handsome man stuff his hands in his pockets, growing a little worried as nobody was answering the door. Fergal knocked on the door again, this time knocking very loudly, "Auntie!" He called out. A long minute later, a middle aged woman wearily made her way out onto her porch. "Fergal!?! I wasn't expecting anyone! You'd better get in here before someone sees you!" She says, trying to pull him inside quickly. "Wait, wait, wait... My lads and my girlfriend are with me... Do you mind if they come in, as well? They're in the van," he says, motioning towards us. I give her a friendly wave. She gives me a small, uneasy smile. I can tell she's scared of us. It tugs at my emotions knowing that she's cautious about us, but I see her nod, allowing us to come into her home. Fergal walks back to the van, telling Chad and Drew to run in quickly. The two big men blow past me, quickly getting inside. Fergal then picks me up and carries me quickly inside. He said it would be quicker if he carried me as opposed to the both of us running, potentially causing a scene. He said I'd be able to hide my face this way, as well. We get inside and Fergal slams the door behind him.

"Now," his aunt begins with a harsh tone, "Why are you here? The police think you're still in the middle of the desert!" Fergal sighs and explains himself, "Auntie, we're trying to get to Ireland. It's really a long story... But, we've been on the run for too long. We need to escape our lives here," he says. He looks over and motions to me, smiling, "And... I'm going to become a father soon. Our little baby needs a home... a proper home. Not a van," he says, sitting down next time on the decorative couch in his aunt's living room. She gives me a glare, "You're pregnant?" she asks. I nod, scared of her reaction. She chuckles and gives Fergal a hug, "Congratulations. You'll make a much better father than a criminal," she says a bit sarcastically. "How far along are you?" She asks me. "I'm not really sure," I reply, "But I think at least two months.. Maybe three." She nods. I immediately feel my heart sink... What mother doesn't know how far along she is? I immediately begin sobbing. "Aww, Riley," Fergal says, pulling me close to him. He rubs my back and kissed my forehead, whispering sweet nothings to me. This was the Fergal I knew and loved. I'm so glad he's coming back. "Care to introduce me to the two large, bald men going through my drawers?" She said, glaring at them. I looked up and laughed as I could see Chad and Drew playing with the knickknacks she had sitting around, as well as going through her drawers and cabinets. "Boys!" Fergal shouted, getting their attention, prompting them to come back into the room where he and I were sitting. "Auntie, this is Chad, and this is Drew," Fergal introduced them. They sat down on the couch next to me as Fergal still held me close. "Auntie, I wanted to talk to you about something." "Go ahead," Fergal's aunt says, sitting down across from us, preparing herself for his conversation.

"Ya see.... We're not going to be in Boston long... but while we're here, would you mind if we stayed with you? I know you only have two spare bedrooms, but we could totally make something work. We won't ask you for money or anything. We'd just like your permission to stay here for a bit," he finished. I looked at his aunt eagerly. "Well, I suppose that's fine by me. But what do I do if the police come by here?" She asked. I looked into Fergal's eyes. I could tell he felt horrible trying to force this all on his poor aunt. He looked down at me and grabbed my hand, placing it on my stomach. "We discussed that possibility on the way here. If the police show up, I'll hide Riley and the boys and I will turn ourselves in," he said. I leaned my head against his chest, hating that idea. But he and the boys had decided that was the best way to go. "Alright.. Fine," She agreed, "Let me show you to your rooms," Fergal held my hand as we followed his aunt upstairs. Our room wasn't too small. It wasn't huge by any means, but it was pretty standard. The room had a bathroom within it, easily accessible to me and my morning sickness. Chad and Fergal's aunt had gone outside to the van, retrieving our supplies from inside. Fergal and I put our clothes away and kept some food in our room, as he knew I'd want some in the middle of the night eventually. Fergal's aunt made the bed, placing clean sheets on it. "Here you are, loves," she said, smiling at me for the first time. I gave her a warm smile and hugged Fergal tightly. This was the kind of life I wanted for Fergal and I. He gave me a sweet kiss. His aunt left the room and he immediately picked me up, placing me onto the bed before closing our bedroom door. Fergal crawled onto the bed beside me, kissing me, holding me close, and rubbing my barely there bump. I giggled. "I love you," Fergal whispered into my ear. He looked into my eyes and I stared deep into his, too. "I love you more!" I say back, playfully tapping his nose. Fergal smiled before sitting up, pulling me into a sitting position as well. Fergal slipped off my top and my pants, allowing me to take my bra off myself. He didn't do this with any sexual intent, he did this out of love. He was going to simply help the woman he loves take off her clothes and get ready for bed. As I took off my bra, Fergal said to me, "You're so beautiful." I felt the blush creep across my cheeks as he handed me one of his large shirts. I slipped it on with ease. I loved wearing his t-shirts to bed. They made me feel so small and gentle and they smelled like him. Wearing them made me feel secure. It felt as if as long as I was wearing it, Fergal was protecting me and our baby. "I'll have me auntie wash some of our smelly clothes tomorrow," he giggled. I watched my perfect boyfriend take his shirt off, revealing his amazingly defined abs. If I wasn't so tired, I'd be all over him right now. Fergal changed into some mesh basketball shorts before slipping into bed with me. He pulled me into his chest, wrapping his arms around me. I laid my head against his chest and listened to his heartbeat. We laid there for a while, talking about our beautiful baby. Fergal was convinced it was a girl, but I wasn't so sure. I had grown up in an all male family, so I felt like it was just genetically meant to be a boy. We discussed names and we both agreed upon the perfect name for our baby. The perfect name for a boy and the perfect name for a girl. It was settled. Now we just had to wait for our little bundle of joy to arrive. Fergal and I kissed again before he reached over to the bedside table, turning off the lamp. "Goodnight, sweetheart," he said. "Goodnight, Fergie," I giggled, kissing his chest. Fergal set his hand upon my stomach, rubbing it carefully, "Goodnight baby Devitt," he whispered. I placed my hand on top of his and fell asleep in his arms.

*The Next Morning*

I woke up to an incredibly sick feeling in my stomach. I gently rubbed my small baby bump as I looked at my boyfriend. He was still sound asleep, his beautiful blue orbs hidden by his eyelids. I felt so sick in this moment. I tried to carefully hop out of bed, hoping not to wake him, but I didn't have any control over it. I ran to the bathroom, not even having time to shut the door before I puked. Everything came out of me. I started coughing, trying to catch my breath. I had no luck as my stomach emptied yet again. Just then I felt a hand pull my hair back, rubbing my back softly. "It's okay, babe," they assured. It was Fergal. A minute later I finally stopped puking, sitting up, wiping my chin. "Aww, babe. Let me help you with that," he said, finding a bath cloth within one of the drawers. He wet the cloth, wiping my face and rinsing it out once more before placing it on my forehead. He flushed the toilet, allowing me to stay seated on the floor, regaining my breath. He walked out into our room, collecting some of the toiletries his aunt had brought us. He found a toothbrush and toothpaste, preparing it for me. He helped me carefully regain my footing before helping me brush my teeth. He slowly walked me to our bed, gently laying me down. "Morning sickness, huh?" Fergal asked, already knowing the answer. I just nodded. "Aww," he mumbled, kissing my forehead. "Why don't you just go back to sleep, hun? I'll hold you," he assured. I smiled and thanked him. He just shushed me as I closed my eyes and fell back asleep. 

When I woke up a few hours later, Fergal was not in the bed. I stood up, confused. I walked around the house, looking for Fergal, Drew, and Chad. Immediately I felt a pang in my stomach.... What if they had been caught? I feared the worst. There were no sounds that I could hear coming from within the house. I opened every single door upstairs, heading downstairs, still looking for them. "Fergal?" I cried out. No answer. "Fergal!" I screamed, a little louder this time. Once I was downstairs, I looked in every room, finding nothing. Scared, I grabbed some sunglasses and a hat, covering my face the best I could. I ran outside searching for any of the boys. I didn't see anyone. "FERGAL!" I screamed again. "Babe, what are you doing out here?" I heard a voice say from behind me. It was Fergal. I immediately ran into his arms, crying. "You scared me to death!" I said, hitting his arm a bit. "Easy there, slugger!" He laughed, "I was just in the backyard. Babe, that fence is so tall you can barely see anyone over it... I wonder if that means that no one can see us?" He grins. I just shake my head and go back inside, Fergal following behind me. "Babe, are you mad at me?" He asks, worried. I just sigh. "No, I'm not mad at you. I was just so fucking scared. I couldn't find you or the boys!" Fergal grabbed my hand, "Well, I was in the backyard checking out the cellar! If need be, that's where you can hide, hun," he said, "And the boys... well, they're both in the cellar as well." I give a sigh of relief once more. I knew his aunt would be at work,  but I didn't know I'd wake up to a completely empty house. I was just so grateful that Fergal was okay. "You're lucky that I love you," I said to him. He laughed, wrapping an arm around my waist, kissing me passionately. "I love you, too. And don't worry. I would never leave without telling you where I was headed," he assured.