21: Edelweiss

Some time in their vacation, they set up a bonfire by the sea shore as they watched the sunset. Unlike the Southend beach, Frinton-on-sea is uncommercialized and is, therefore, a great private setting for families and friends.

Kale didn't liked sun sets but he was convinced by Prince's persistent look. "Especially those puppy eyes. Please don't.

Alright, I give up."

The bunch formed a circle around the fire

The bunch formed a circle around the fire. They started with drinking the whiskey using a single shot glass to be passed to everyone.

"Whoever gets drunk quickly, must suffer the dire consequences all of us will give," Rachelle toasts up the glass before passing it next to Prince who was beside him.

Prince grabs the glass and poured on an ample amount of wine in it.
"Really? You think this one single bottle can make us drunk?"

"Scared, my little Prince?" Rachelle pouts her lips as she mocked her best friend.

"Not really. You all know who easily gets drunk and all, right?" Prince eyed on his peers from left to right.

"We do." Kale, sitting next to Prince, answered. "And that's you," he says pointing a finger to Prince.

"Funny, even Kale already knows that." William coughs up. To make them reveal they had their drinking session once with just the two of them is a bit risky. Even with Jack in between them, William sure knows Kale's fist will reach his face before he knows it. He tried once and the man did gave him that glare. So nope. Better have them reveal it by themselves.

"We all know that, right Jack?" Merry quickly asked.

Jack quickly responded a nod.
"I did quite notice that. Contrary to his looks, he seems fond of alcoholic drinks."

"Only when challenged. Not a teetotaller so I can handle this." Prince finally agrees.
"So let me drink this for world peace,"  he then toasts his glass before swallowing the drink down.

Soon all of them had a fair share of the whiskey and soon, they watched the sun sink down to the deep blue sea. Some seagulls flew past the sky above them.
Soon, the vibrant peach tangerine sky turns to obsidian.

"It's getting dark. Time for ghost stories," Rachelle breaks the ice.

"Shouldn't we go inside?" Prince takes a glance back at the villa.

His blonde friend would elbow him in the shoulder.
"You're afraid aren't you? Our little Prince is scared.."

"Not funny," Edevane scowls.

Merry suddenly butts in.
"Hey guys, have you heard of Crimson Peak? It's a horror story about a sibling having a mysterious dark family background..."

"That seems interesting..",  William supports miss Locke's share of thought.

Jack, on the other hand, is not a fan of ghost or horror stories and movies amd decides to cut in before anyone else agrees for the story to continue.
"Gives me the chills," he shrugs.
But he needs a diversion. From what he sees, Rachelle may pursue it as her eyes were locked to Merry. He then turns at Kale who gives the neutral expression, in between interested to no care, but is also looking at the story teller. Wait. Kale can help.