✧ Act I

|Jimin's POV|

All I could see is nothing but darkness. But then, a girl's voice called my name. "Jimin!"

It sounded desperate while sobbing in vain. "Jimin help me please!"

"I'm sorry." I said with stricken heart. Suddenly, I heard giggling and a hand forcefully spin my body around to see a petite girl with a hole on her bloody chest. "Betrayer!"

I woke up with a jolt and noticed the dry tears on my cheeks as I gently wiped them. A sigh escaped to my lips and rested my back to a wooden pole of the vessel.

"Another tiring nightmare." I thought. Well, what she said is true, I am a betrayer to her, to my brothers and my mother. I accept this grave consequence. The fishy stench of the sea reached to my nostrils and the noise of the seagulls screamed above the skies as I ruffled my hair while watching the fishermen busy catching fishes with their huge net.

Wonder how I got here? After I pulled my crazy stunt, I really did swim through the ocean with the help of the ring so that I could breathe underwater. Yet, I have to remove it soon or else my brothers will track my whereabouts again and like they said, it'll drain my powers and could kill me. When I took off the ring from my thumb, I immediately went to the surface of the ocean and scanned my surroundings. Luckily, I found a midsize fishing vessel nearby so I waved my hands for help. The fishermen were nice to me as they gave me a blanket from shivering and a food to eat. Although, they asked many questions how I got in the middle of the ocean, but of course, I made an excuse that I was kidnapped by some pirates and threw me for disobeying their orders.

"Son, we've reached the port." One of the fishermen in his mid-age patted my shoulder behind me.

"Oh sorry I was in deep thought." I stood up and gave the blanket back to him. "Thank you for helping me again."

"Not a problem, just be careful on your way." He said kindly. I nodded at him and made my way to the city of this foreign place.

I searched for a tavern first to relax myself for a bit by mild drinking. While strolling around the busy streets, I saw a massive crowd of people at the heart of the city. Curious what's going on, I also joined the crowd to check but it was a mistake for me. The sight in front of me was appalling witnessing three people with ropes tied on their wrists at the stakes.

"May the Lord banish these pawns of Devil! Burn them alive!" A man carrying a bible with a rosary on his hand commanded. Two knights set the fire onto the stakes and the flare started creeping slowly as it emitted heavy smoke.

"No don't I'm begging you, I'm innocent! I'm not a witch!" The poor teenage girl cried while struggling with her might. She's right; I don't sense any extraordinary aura from her so I suppose she was accused for a witch. However, the other two is a witch; the woman is a low level witch while the boy is a half witch.

"Wait there's one too, a witch I can see him!" I cringed when the woman yelled looking directly at me.

"You please help us!" The boy joined and begged to me. My eyes went to the execution leader and the knights, yet, they seem like they're ignoring their plea which is a good thing.

"I need to get out of here." I thought. I quickly left the execution while they haven't seen me yet and I couldn't take to see them suffering anymore. Even I wanted to save them, my life is still in line and I don't like to use my magic against humans. My way to the tavern resumed in just a few walks, I spotted one close by to my right side. Inside, the heavy smell of alcohol welcomed me and different people of class engaging in lively conversations gathering around in long tables while some just indulging food and drinks occupying small tables or stools at the bar counter.

I took a seat in one of the stools when the bartender approached me. "What can I get to you sir?" He asked cordially.

"A wine please." I replied. The bartender nodded and then he placed the goblet in front of me as he poured wine in it.

"It seems you saw the recent witches' execution," He remarked as I neared the goblet to my face and took a sip. "I see fear in your eyes sir maybe perhaps you're a witch too?" I choked on my drink and coughed hardly. "I'm just joking sir." The bartender laughed to my reaction. How rude, but I half-heartedly laughed as well trying to be a good witch as possible even I have the urge to curse him for eternity.

Oblivious to my surroundings, someone bumped into me and slightly got spilled on the hem of my shirt. "I'm terribly sorry sir!"

"Sweet good Lord Lisa!" The bartender exclaimed. The girl put the tray with drinks aside and nervously wiping my shirt using a towel. While doing so, I eyed the girl with braided burgundy hair color and hazel eyes.

I grasped her wrist to stop from what she's doing. "No, it's alright you don't have to do this." I gave her an assuring smile.

"Next time Lisa, be careful or else I'll tell this to your mother! Understand?" He said sternly and gave her a dead warning look.

"Y-yes I understand." She mumbled with her eyes down.

"You're lucky he's nice to you. Now get your face out of my sight and serve the customers now!" This Lisa girl promptly took the tray and went through past me. However, it was strange for her aura is different from any humans here.

"Damm that clumsy brat." He grumbled. Again, I took a sip to my wine and enjoyed the exquisite taste of it.

"She's pretty." I blurted out. To the corner of my eyes, I sensed the bartender eyed me for a while then he made a wide grin on his face.

"If you're interested I can let you borrow her for a while."

I raised my eyebrows to his unexpected offer. "Really?"

"Yes, but of course it'll cost more gold." What the hell is he thinking? I'm not interested in whores or any other girls. I have a serious priority to deal with and I don't have time for affections right now.

I thinned my lips and gave him my distinct eye-smile. "I'm just joking that she's pretty, thank you for the offer though." I gulped the wine all at once leaving the goblet empty as I leave him with mouth hanging open and wide eyes. Serves him right, I just mimicked the bartender for giving him a joke too because he disturbed my peaceful drinking. Except the pretty part which is true but no feelings intended.

Going back, I searched for an inn to stay and rest around the city since the nightfall will be coming soon. After I paid the innkeeper, I plopped myself onto the soft bed to my assigned room and heaved a sigh for a tiring day. My hand went to my pocket and tried to get the hex bag where the ring is hided. Although, something's not right, I felt a heavy feeling on my chest and cold sweats beginning to form on my forehead. I quickly sat up on my bed and furiously delved further into my pocket.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath. The hex bag with the ring inside is gone! I tried to jog my memories from the moment I took it off to this time right now. That girl! It couldn't be when she wiped my shirt and at the same time snatched the hex bag while I was too distracted observing her face. That's why her aura is different which was affected by the ring.

"Think you can outsmart me? Girl you're in big trouble and I swear I will find you." I smirked.

================

A/N:

Annyeong readers! Welcome to the side story of Jimin and to tell you he's not dead yet from the epilogue chapter of 'The One Ring' ^^

Anyways, sorry if there's something wrong to the medieval setting of this fanfic because I only did a research to justify the plot and settings. Hope you enjoyed~

Gladly accept any critic comments and votes.