✧ Act VIII

Setting my foot on the ground, Jimin lent me a hand to get off the carriage. We have finally arrived at the courtyard of the huge and magnificent castle; the cold night embracing the tall topiaries and flowers casting long shadows around the vicinity. Still linked to his arm, we proceeded to the great hall where the ball is held. Arriving at the front of a large mahogany door, a man stopped us and asked for our invitation. Miraculously, Jimin handed a scroll, which the man did unroll the paper and read what's inside. The man nodded to us in acknowledgement and gestured us to enter inside. I don't know how he got the invitation scroll but kudos to him for getting us inside without being suspicious.

When the doors opened, I awed at the glittering chandeliers looming over the lavish banquet filled with glamorous guests and a buffet of delicious food, followed by musicians playing beautiful and harmonious music engaging them to dance. As we walked onto the center, I noticed some few guests staring at me and girls with the same age as me slightly gaped to my presence probably because of my unique ballgown making them to be envious.

"Let's dance shall we?" My thoughts were snapped by his voice and looked to his face plastered with a warm smile. I nodded and we positioned ourselves, still linked to his arm and slightly lifted the skirt of my ballgown. We gracefully took a step forward and backward twice in each then we circled around each other following the sweet music filling the hall. Our feet moved in perfect sync to the beating of my heart and our gazes remained locked.

The music suddenly ceased causing us to stop our dance as well and took our attention to a youthful lady beside the throne chair in front of us. She has blue eyes and golden locks of hair with a silver crown placed on her head.

"Ladies and gentlemen who are present here, I would like thank everyone for coming this evening and celebrate my birthday. That's all and enjoy the ball!" The queen said, beaming us a smile when the guests clapped their hands in glee. After that, she left and went to the spiral staircase going up not far away from here. The music resumed and the guests started to dance again while some were just socializing with others.

"Lisa, I need to go somewhere just stay in there alright?" Jimin said to me, not taking his eyes off to the departing queen.

"What? Where are you going?" I asked confusingly, discerning the stern look he has.

"Doesn't matter, just don't ever follow me. I will come back later." I watched him scurried away and lost sight of him when the dancing guests blocked his figure. As for me, I decided to go to the buffet table and drink a glass of wine while I wait for him.

|Jimin's POV|

When I reached the upper floor, my eyes landed to a dim lit corridor nearby. The noises from downstairs were diminishing as I went further through the corridor. Only the moonlight streaming through the glass windows were my source of light to search the room where the queen might be. At the end of the corridor, a door which is slightly ajar with bright light pouring out caught my attention. I sauntered towards the door and gently push it as I saw the queen sitting on a chair next to the fireplace.

"I didn't expect a witch especially from a noble family will attend my ball." She commented, gazing at me with a sly smile. Her alluring face yet has sinister aura compelling me to stay vigilant as possible. I closed the door behind me and leaned on it as I crossed my arms. From the moment she appeared a while ago in the great hall, the instant our eyes met we both already knew the identity we hide from the humans and also found the ring I've been looking for.

"You're not really a queen, are you?" I arched my eyebrows in suspicion. The queen responded with a soft hum and rested her chin to her palm with amusement written on her face.