✧ Act II

|Analisa's POV|

Another day of boring working hours in the tavern, my life is so mundane that I have to follow my foster cruel mother just to earn gold for her. Added to that, I don't see any worth of precious things to steal these days. You heard me, my hobby is stealing jewelries and other accessories from the middle or high class people and I'm pretty good at it ever since I was a child. I don't wear any of them but I sell it to the black market and secretly have a stash of gold of my own that my foster mother isn't aware of.

"Lisa! You're spacing out." My childhood friend, Hyeri, with brown long hair and black eyes, snapped me to my thoughts. She huffed with a tray on her hand while the other on her waist.

"Sorry Hyeri, it's just I'm bored there's nothing good to steal." I complained while resumed cleaning the messy leftovers of food and drinks on the table. She shook her head and gave me a sigh of defeat. Yes, she knows that I steal and she respect that but still against it.

"Anyways, do you see that good-looking guy there?" She nudged my arm making me stop cleaning the table. I boringly followed her eyes to the male sitting at a stool with an orange hair as he choked on his drink.

I scrunched up one of my eyebrows and crossed my arms. "Yeah, so?"

"This is my first time seeing him, he maybe a traveler far away from here. I think I fancy him." She squealed in delight. As for me, there's nothing special about him except he looked decent enough that he could be carrying anything worthy in him. Wait, did I say decent? My eyes widen in realization.

"Now that you tell me, Hyeri, give me your tray please."

"What are you going to do?" She asked confusingly.

I quickly took the tray with drinks from her with a devious grin on my face. "Watch me,"

I silently walked towards to the bar and purposely bump myself to the orange haired guy. "I'm terribly sorry sir!" A portion of liquid spilled the hem of his shirt.

"Sweet good Lord Lisa!" The bartender exclaimed. Trying to act innocent, I nervously put the tray aside and wiped his shirt using a towel. Then I noticed a black string peaking from his pocket, that's when I took the chance to snatch it gently and swiftly. When I did, a hand suddenly grasped my wrist startling me a bit.

I shot my head up and he gave me a smile so different from others I have ever seen. "No, it's alright you don't have to do this." I straighten myself and slightly hid the thing I took behind my back. I actually thought he caught me stealing it but thankfully he seems oblivious and much more concerned to my situation. Great acting skills Lisa.

"Next time Lisa be careful or else I'll tell this to your mother! Understand?" The bartender scolded me.

"Y-yes I understand." I complied trying to be looking more pitiful.

"You're lucky he's nice to you. Now get your face out of my sight and serve the customers now!" With that cue, I promptly took the tray and hurriedly went to the back of the tavern. I looked around to my surroundings seeing if someone is following me. Finding no one, my eyes landed to the thing I stole which is a very small bag on my palm. I opened it and picked a shiny pretty silver ring embossed with intricate patterns.

"Jackpot!" I exclaimed to myself. The ring has a very expensive look and I could get tons of gold if I sell it to the black market. Although, there's this weird sensation I'm feeling right now. Feels like a deja vu but I shrugged it off and I'm going to sell it no matter what.

The next day on my way to the tavern, strong hands pulled me into the back alley and harshly pushed me against the wall. I winced in pain and shut my eyes as I was so scared what he might do to me.