Chapter 6

I would like to dedicate this Chapter to the Dallas Police.

The night was hard as Gideon's death replaying in Kyra's Dreams. Her heart crushing each time she woke up. Since the sun was up she couldn't go back to sleep so feeling like shit, she decided to take a swim. She needed more time in the water anyways and she can let her magic go as she'll be alone.

Using her mind's eyes to make sure no one was around, she stripped off her close before easing into the cool greenish water. The water was so welcoming to her as she felt her magic start to work.

Managing to float on her back, she focused on her healing powers. Not realizing, she ended up getting to relax and drifted off.

Her heart came to life when she saw Gideon beside her, "I didn't know you where there." she smiled as she wrapped her arms around him. His arms felt so comforting as they surrounded her. "I will always love you." he voice held so much love. His kiss was even more passionate them she could ever remember.

She didn't want him to pull away, but he gently pushed her breaking her hold around him. "Don't give up on love." he told her kissing her one last time.

"Gideon....Gideon don't leave me." Tears began to fall then he was gone. "Gideon! Please! Don't leave!"

"Kyra....Kyra..." she heard.

"Gideon!" her eyes shot open. Looking around, "Gid...." then reality hit her and the tears began to fall again.

"Kyra." she heard her name again. Turning, she saw Adrianus. "Are you alright?" his had a lot of concern in his voice.

Sighing, she nodded as she knew it was getting that time to get out. The sun was starting to rise and she knew everyone would be up soon.

"You need to be a little more careful. Your healing magic was casting a blue healing glow around you."

"I'm sorry." she told him as she wrapped herself up. Modesty wasn't there as she didn't care who was around to see her bare body as she dried off before getting dressed.

"I just couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to head out since everyone was still asleep to relax and let my body heal on it's own."

"There is nothing wrong with that, it's just that you need to be a little more careful that's all." he told her.

Back at their tent, Adrianus cooked them some breakfast, "Father? May I ask you something?"

Trying to find the words that wouldn't upset him but there wasn't, "Where were you when the battle started?"

Taking their food off the fire, he grabbed their plates, divided the hash between him before filling their mug up with warm fresh cow's milk.

Watching him take the stump across from he. She waited patiently for his reply as she took a sip of her milk and a small bite of her first solid food she had since her awakening.

"I was with someone that night." he finely answered.

Her mind started to wonder. Thirty percent of their warriors were women the rest were men. Out of the thirty was basically girls like herself, aging from seventeen to twenty-five. She's only nineteen.

Imagining her father being with someone around his daughter's age made her a bit uncomfortable. However she couldn't say much Gideon was thirty, only six years younger then then him.

Reading his daughter's face, "Don't worry. She was around my age." he gave her a small smile.

After breakfast, Adrianus refilled their mug up while Kyra washed their plates. When she returned, he took in a deep as he asked his daughter to take a seat.