Chapter 7

Feeling like crap that next morning, Kyra had to force herself to get up. She took in a lot in the past few days and it was taking a heavy toll on her.

There was no denying the stress in her eyes. Adrianus was afraid but had to asked, "Kyra?" his tone held a lot of concern as well as worry, "Are you going to be alright?"

She still was upset about learning her past but she was highly grateful that he took her and not the others. Finding a smile, she nodded, "It's just been hard on me these past few days. It just finely caught up with me."

He knew he was part of the cause as pain started to creep into his eyes. She gave him a hug as she assured him, "I meant what I said last night. You are my father. Blood brother or not. You raised me as your daughter and took a lot for me. You are my father and I'm your daughter."

After a breakfast, it was time to go. They had a long walk ahead of them and everyone was healed enough to travel.

As Kyra was gearing up, she looked everywhere for her sash, "Have you seen my sash?" she asked as she turned things over and checked inside others.

Seeing a small smile appear, "Yes."

"Where is it?" She turned to him waiting for him.

"Before I give it to you. You need to know that there are twenty-two warriors waiting to follow your orders."

Confusion fell over her, "I'm sure there is someone here who is a higher rank them me. I'm just a Grunt."

Pulling two different color sashes out from his pocket, "When you were unconscious, Lord Virote...."

"Knighted me! I'm not..."

"He said he sees something in you." Adrianus told her as he handed over her new sash. "Since I had trained you." he went on as he placed his sash on, "He Knighted me as well."

Noticing the color of his sash to hers, she didn't understand, "Why did he rank you below me being that you had trained me." she stated, "You should have gotten the silver Knight Captain's sash not the purple Knight Lieutenant."

Shrugging, "He must have his reason."

I hint of fear slowly started to raise, "I don't know how to be a Knight."

Smiling warmly, her father placed his hands on his daughter's shoulders, "Kyra. You were a great Grunter. You gave orders when they needed it, you took care of the ones that disobeyed, even the village people that needed help."

He sounded so proud, "You are born to be a leader. It comes so natural to you that you don't even know you are doing it. So don't worry, you will be a great Knight."

Not wanting to let her father down, she took in a deep breath, "You said we have twenty-two warriors in this camp?" Seeing him nod, "I need to know what I have. What are their ranks and positions."

Seeing him nod again before walking out of the tent didn't set right with her. She shouldn't be ordering him around, he is her father, he should be ordering her.

After awhile he returned, "You have six Healers, three Sergeants, three Grunters, four Bombers, six Warriors and us two which makes twenty-four counting us."

Figuring out her first move, "Does anyone know where we are going to meet back up with the others?"

Reaching into his pocket, Adrianus pulled out and enlarged a rolled up paper. Unrolling it, Kyra noticed it was a map. "We are here, at Misty Lake." he pointed, "The others should be already in the Silverash Mountains. It's going to be a long travel as they have several days ahead of us. We need to make up a lot of ground before we reach the mountains. They will slow us down."