Prelude

My third story! I have had this story written for a couple of days now and I finally decided to upload. I really love this story, and I want it to be as amazing as possible, so I would love if you could comment and tell me what you think! I would love you even more if you voted and fanned! Also I know this is a very extremely small chapter and I apologize for that, but I just really had to upload this.

Also the dedication goes to ThePandaWriter for making me the AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL cover! I really love! She makes probably the best covers ever! If you ever get the chance than you should totally jump at the chance to request a cover from her!

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Dear Alex,

I love you. Those three words should be easy to say to you, but I just can't will myself to tell you how I feel. We have been friends or a long time now. I remember when I had my first crush on you, when we were children. As I think of it now, I don't think my love for you ever ceased to exist. It had just been burried deep in my chest waiting to be dug back up again.

I stopped writing then, letting the tears fall freely now. This was one of the hundreds of letters I had written to Alex. I started writing these letters to him when I was about twelve and I have continued to write to him almost everyday.

I rubbed my eyes in frustration, trying to wipe away the tears. Why did it have to be him! I thought for the millionth time.

I burried my face in my pillow, smothering my cries. I know Alex could never love me the way I loved him. He never thought of me as more than a friend. This fact, whenever I thought of it always brought a pain to my chest and always managed to make me cry harder.

I knew he didn't love me, but I couldn't stop loving him. It was no use in trying anymore. I had tried so hard over the years to try to love if not at least like anyone else. I had tried so hard. It was no use, I could never get Alex out of my head. Every time I went out on a date he was the face I saw. Alex was the person I dreamt of every night. Each was always new and loving. Every morning I woke up with tears in my eyes, wanting the beautiful dream to last.

Finally the flood of tears ended, and I was able to sleep and dream of the life I knew I could never have with Alex.