t h r e e

Roman rolled her eyes as Natasha throws some nice jeans and a shirt at her.

"Stark has a party like every week, why is it so important I go to this one?" Roman pleaded. She was perfectly content with staying in her room and binge watching a show of her choice.

"You've done so much 'research' on the twins, one of them a least. And by research I'm mean staring at Speedy." Natasha teases as Roman shoots her a look, her jaw dropped. "Oh relax, Goldie, it's not like no one knows."

"Does Tony know?" Roman asks, hoping that he doesn't know Natasha shakes her head, leading to Roman to let out a breath of relief. If he knew, she wouldn't hear the end of it. "And I don't stare at him."

"Fine. Gaze lovingly."

"Shut up." Roman groans as she walks towards the party, seeing Thor and Steve.

"Hey boys." She says with a smile. Steve smirks at her and before she can question it he speaks.

"Didn't think you'd take a break from 'researching' Pietro." Roman's jaw dropped momentarily before she smiled and took a swig of her alcoholic drink, if her friends kept up with that she'd be doing that a lot tonight.

"Lady Roman, I think it is good you are learning about the enemy." Thor commented, completely missing what Steve was hinting at. This caused Roman to smile wider as she patted his bicep as he pulled out an Asgardian drink. 

"I gotta have some of that!" An elderly man exclaimed as Thor poured two glasses.

"Oh, no, no, no. See this, this was aged for a thousand years, in the barrels built from the wreck of Brunhilde's fleet, it's not meant for mortal men." Thor explains as he hands a glass to Steve, knowing full well what happened the last time Roman had some.

"Neither was Omaha Beach, blondie. Stop trying to scare us. Come on." Another man said, trying to convince Thor. The god eventually gave in and poured some in each of their glasses. It didn't take long for them to be extremely intoxicated. Steve nudges Roman's arm and gestures to Natasha and Bruce talking by the bar. He grabs her elbow and leads her towards Bruce as Natasha walks away.

"It's nice." Steve says, what he was implying went straight over Bruce's head.

"What, what, what is?" Bruce stutters out, looking flustered as he broke his gaze from Natasha's retreating figure. Roman let out a sigh at his awkwardness.

"You and Romanoff."

"Who do you think?" Roman says the same time as Steve told him.

"No, we haven't. That wasn't..." Bruce tried to defend himself but cut himself off at the look he was receiving from Roman.

"It's okay. Nobody's breaking any by-laws. It's just, she's not the most... open person in the world. But with you she seems very relaxed." Steve opens up and Roman nods, agreeing with his every word.

"No, Natasha, she... she likes to flirt."

"I've seen her flirt, up close. This ain't that. Look, as maybe the world's leading authority on 'waiting too long', don't. You both deserve a win." Steve says before walking off, leaving Bruce and Roman alone. She placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"She likes you. You like her. Be with each other." Roman said, trying to get her point across. She patted his shoulder, cutting him off before he had a chance to speak. "Don't waste time." And with that piece of advice she walked off, hearing Bruce call to her.

"Wait, what does he mean 'up close'?"

»»»

"But, it's a trick!" Clint argued, grabbing Roman's attention as he talked about Thor's hammer.