Through the Years

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~❶Mal❶~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Mal, you need to disappear. I'm not sure if we'll see each other again but I can't come back yet. Someone's onto me. Run!" I read again. I carry Jayden on my back with Abigail in my arms. Benjamin walks beside me.

Abigail takes the note and reads is slowly, tears streaming down her face. "Is uncle Jay ever gonna come back?"

"How would he find us, Abby? We can never go back," Ben says, crying.

"We're going to be alright," I assure them. "We'll find Jay again, someday. I know it." I set Abigail down and gesture between two trees, opening a portal. "Come, we'll move through here to a safe place."

I take their hands and when we get to the other side, they look around in amazement. "Where are we?" Jayden asks.

I laugh at their cheerful faces. "I'm not sure, but this place was listed in my spell book as a safe house of some sort. We won't be found here. Why don't you three go check it out while I unpack everything?" They run off without a second glance. I use my magic to send it all to its rightful place before looking around. This place seems like a nice place for the children to grow up.

When night falls, we sit on a blanket in the yard, looking up at the stars. The triplets are lulled asleep and as I'm putting them in their beds, I can't help but wonder what's happening to Jay.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Abigail had been in good health for almost a year. She was three when she got sick again. Ben has been trying to take care of her, making her comfortable while I try to find something to help her. She has a serious fever and won't stop coughing. When she's awake, she's barely aware and has trouble moving on her own.

I walk back to the kitchen from her room to see Jayden and Ben in the kitchen, mixing things and following a book's recipe. "What are you two making?"

"We're trying a new spell. Uncle Jay showed us magic once. It's for Abigail."

I nod and look over the recipe before helping them. They bring it in as I pick Abby up. I help her drink it and when it's all gone, she's breathing better. She opens her eyes and looks at us for a moment before reaching up for me. I pull her closer and let her cuddle into me. Ben and Jayden join in, trying to make Abby feel better. She lets out a sneeze where small sparkles float about. "Magic," I whisper. The boys take Abby from my arms and wrap themselves around her. I turn off the lights, letting them sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I sit outside with the triplets as I try to teach them magic. They've gotten a pretty good handle over it. So have I, if I'm honest. I've kind of been learning with them, trying to remember. I've tried every spell I have to try to remember my past. They seem to enjoy the magic.

Ben has turned into the most energetic of the three, always outgoing and trying to find the next adventure. He's definitely the leader of the three. His powers are strongest when he's angry, even though his powers are the weakest of the trio and he does have a slight temper. He has dirty blonde hair with green eyes and a light sprinkling of freckles across his cheeks.

Jayden, the middle child, is the quiet one, but very wise for his age. His powers are strong, but not the strongest. He's a huge supporter of his siblings and although Ben is very protective of Abigail, Jayden is even more so. Jayden has brown hair with a few lighter areas and clear blue eyes.

Abigail, although born sick and not very strong is a very bright young lady. Her strong will and fun-loving attitude push her through rough times. She has basic control over all her abilities but when she's emotional, they flare and lash out. She is by far the strongest of the trio. Her purple hair and stormy purple eyes make her look like a replica of Mal. She also, the most curious.