Rosie

"Trees before and world thereafter, open through and make it faster. Lead me from this world, and let new and strange be unfurled!" I try again. The wand sparks startling and it's swatted from my hand. "Hey!" I scream, turning. I'm startled to see Jayden standing there. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"We found you're note. Abby, you can't just run off! What would mom say? What would Uncle Jay say?" I look away, silent. "That's what I thought. Abigail, this is dangerous!"

"I can't just sit around and- and wait! Mom is getting weaker, she needs help. She needs Uncle Jay. He'll know what to do," I insist.

"You don't know where to look. You can't just run off on your own. Ben and I were terrified when we realized you were gone."

"I'm sorry," I mumble. He pulls me into his chest and wraps his arms around us. "I need to do this."

"I knew I wouldn't be able to stop you. That's why I'm here to help you," Jayden says. "You were pronouncing "world" wrong. You have to adjust pronunciation so it all rhymes. Spell are annoying like that."

"Let's try it, then," I say.

We hold hands, each of us taking a wand. "Trees before and world thereafter, open through and make it faster. Lead me from this world, and let new and strange be unfurled!"

A portal opens and I laugh and scream in excitement. "We did it!" I cheer. Jayden smiles and nods. We run through the portal and gape at the busy marketplace. "Wow."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~❶Ben❶~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, how has everything been for you two?" I ask. Audrey's sitting in Jay's lap, a finger twirling along his chest. "I heard the wedding planning is going well."
Jay nods and Audrey sighs. "Yeah. We have all the plans for the wedding ready. We're just- waiting."

I nod, looking away. "For Mal?" I ask. He nods and we're all quiet for a moment. "She wouldn't want this. She wouldn't want you to put off your happiness so she could be there."

"We aren't waiting for that," Audrey replies. "We don't want our happiest day to be so close to when Mal is out there alone, possibly dying."

"We were actually hoping that you would let us leave for a while. Search for Mal ourselves," Jay says.

I think for a moment before shaking my head. "It's useless. We've been trying to find her for the past almost six years with nothing. I'll need you both here, to control the havoc that may bring. According to my parent's, she is to be declared-" I take an unsteady breath to calm myself, "declared dead on her birthday."

"Oh, Ben," Audrey says. "She'll come back. In some way, she'll come back."

I nod and Jay starts to say something but cuts off, freezing. His eyes start to glow and Audrey slides off his lap. His head sags. "Jay?" I ask. After a minute, he jumps up. Audrey keeps him sitting in the chair. "Hey, Jay. It's alright."

"It was that voice again. Abby. She was calling for me. Crying. She wanted me to stay there."

"Where?" I ask.

He thinks for a moment, blinking as he tries to figure it out. "I- I don't know." He sighs and holds his head. "Ben, I'm so sorry. I'm trying to remember everything I can. I want her back just as much as you do."

"I doubt that," I sneer. I get up and walk out the gazebo to a garden a few yards away.

Jay walks up, standing a few feet back. "I get it," I start. "You miss her. We all do but for you, she's the love of your life. And her times running out. Mal always wished it would have happened sooner."