Chapter 10

America's POV
I hear a voice in the distance, a man's voice, one I recognize and have come to love very much.
"...they had to drug you. It hurts me so much to see you like this my dear. I -- you can't even comprehend how much I love you. I sent the rest of the girls away you know. From the moment I saw you I knew you were the one. I didn't cheat on you, at least not willingly. I don't even remember what happened that night. All I remember is you being gone and -- and that's just too much for me to handle. I can't live this life without you America. I have nothing to love for without you..."
The voice cracks, close to tears. I feel myself drifting away. I push out the only the last the words before fading.

Maxon's POV
I sit by her beside, pouring out my soul. Everything I wish I had the guys to say when she was awake. I feel rears run down my face. I bring her small cold hand to my lips, reminiscing her soft skin and sweet scent.
"Not your dear," a soft whisper echos in my ears

America's POV
I wake up to a warm hand clasping my own. I see Maxon's head rest g at the edge of my bed looking clear worn. I remove my hand from his and run it through his hair. Maxon jumps from his seat at my beadside.
"America! Your awake!" He peppers kisses all over my face. "Listen, I'm so sorry, you have to believe me I --"
I hold a finger up to his lips, "shh...it's okay I know," I say gently.
"But--"
I successfully shut him up by pulling him in for a kiss.
"Oh America. I don't know what I'd do without you." My heart swells.
"I love you too," I reply.
He pulls my in for another kiss.
"Let me get the doctor," he says when we break, he looks me sternly in the eye, "don't move."
He quickly rushes put of the room. I quickly become aware of the slight throbing all over my body and the sharp shoots of pain when over I moved, or took a breath. Maxon walks on with the doctor right behind him and quickly returns to his position at my bedside holding my hand. The doctor stands at the foot of the bed and continues dictating my prognosis.