Chapter 2: Saved by Falkner!

Chapter 2

Saved by Falkner!

I gasped as I stood up straight. Whatever that giant Pidgey did, I hopped it would do it again!

“Are you alright?” asked a male’s voice. A Boy about my age jumped off the giant Pidgeys’ back.

“Whoa! Were you just riding on that giant Pidgey?” I asked amazed. He was quite cute as well. He had dark blue hair and had a side fringe, somewhat like my brothers’; he was wearing a blue T-shirt to match and long black jeans. He had a nice smile and nice eyes.

“This beautiful bird is not a Pidgey; but you were VERY close. In fact, Pidgey is the very first evolution of this gorgeous bird.” He explained while his big Pidgey blew away the Houndour again which were trying to get closer.

“Evolution?” I said quizzically thinking. I rubbed my head.

“Evolution? You don’t know what that is? It’s when a Pokémon reaches a certain stage in its life and is able to change its appearance and its powers grow. It’s basically like growing up.” He nodded patting the giant Pidgey.

“Oh... okay but what’s that?” I asked pointing at his giant Pidgey.

“Pidgeot!” It cried loudly. It looked at me with its giant gleaming eyes. I ducked behind the boy.

“Are you sure you can trust it? Will it eat us?” I asked hiding.

“Of course! I’ve known my Pidgeot for years! We’ve travelled together for ages I can’t even count. We’re like siblings!” The boy laughed dramatically. “We’ll never fall apart.”

My eyes widened and I stepped out from behind him. “So it’s nice?” I asked reaching out my hand to touch it. I did it slowly so I wouldn’t startle the beast. It was so big! I was so amazed. It quickly pushed its head into the palm of my hand. It the force nearly broke my stance but I managed to stay put. I rubbed its feathery head and smiled.

“You’re awesome.” I grinned and felt like hugging it.

“He likes you.” The boy said joining in on the patting frenzy. “So, what’s your name?” He asked looking into my eyes smiling. I just looked at him for a second and looked down at the floor. My eyes filled up with tears again.

“I-I don’t know...” I managed to say before tears ran down my face.

“What? You don’t know your own name? Where are your parents?” He asked looking shocked.

“There.” I spat and I pointed to where the pile of wood was with the arms, of who I thought, who my parents were. The boys’ mouth dropped as he went to get a closer look.

“Oh my gosh...” He murmured quietly. I then fell to the floor and hid my face as I burst into tears.

“I’m an orphan! I have no idea where my brother is and where I am and I don’t even know my own name! I’m a weirdo!” I cried sniffing loudly. Pidgeot the rubbed his head against mine and huddled close to me to give me comfort.

“I’m so sorry.” I heard the boy whisper to me sadly. I looked up and notice him sit down in front of me. “I heard you mention your brother... I can help you find him.” He insisted grabbing my hand and patting it.

“Really?” I asked sniffing again.

“Yeah, in fact we can look everywhere. With Pidgeot we can search the skies.” The boy pointed out.

“Okay... what’s your name then?” I asked smiling a little.

“Falkner, just call me Falkner! Pleased to meet you.” He said putting out his hand. I looked at it wondering what I was supposed to do with it.