Chapter 4: The Very Quick Battle

Chapter 4

The Very Quick Battle

“Go, Pidgeot!” Falkner cried throwing his Poke’ Ball into the air. It opened and in a white flash of light, Pidgeot appeared. “Your turn.” Falkner said to Jamie with a smirk. Jamie looked flustered and scared.

“Go Rattata!” Jamie cried as he threw his Poke’ Ball. A white light appeared again and this time a small, rat like creature stood in front of Pidgeot. It was very small with purple fur and large front teeth which grew out of its mouth. It had a long tail which curled up at the end. It didn’t look very strong at all, compared to Pidgeot anyway.

It gave Jamie a worried look. “C’mon Rattata! You can do this!” Jamie screamed and I covered my ears.

“God just shut up and fight will you?” I mumbled to myself angrily.

“What was that you would like to share with us?” Jamie asked turning to look at me and so did the crowd. He smiled a cheeky smile. Guess he had good hearing skills.

“I said will you HURRY UP!” I screeched and stomped my feet. I was very impatient.

“Okay, geeze!” Jamie said looking up at the blue sky. “Rattata, use Tackle!” Jamie called pointing at Pidgeot. Rattata ran at a slow speed and charged at Pidgeot. Rattata jumped into the air to collide with Pidgeot but it couldn’t! Pidgeot flew a little too high for Rattata to reach. Rattata kept jumping and trying to hit Pidgeot with a tackle but it couldn’t reach Pidgeot.

“Go Rattata! What’re you waiting for?” Jamie cried again. Rattata glanced at him. He looked tired out already.

“Pidgoet, Whirlwind! Let’s go!” Falkner called and Pidgeot began to flap its wings. Huge waves of air started to build up and they headed straight for Rattata!

“Ratt!” Rattata cried but it was too late, Rattata had flown maybe 10 metres into the air and landed on concrete.

“RATTATA!” Jamie cried, “Can you keep going?”

“Ra-ra-rat.” Rattata managed to say until collapsing onto the ground.

“No!” Jamie murmured picking up Rattata and holding it in its arms. “I’ll always love you.”

“It’s not dying you idiot.” I called out to him. “It just fainted! Take a chill pill and get over it. Whoop-de-dee you lost for once! Who cares?” I placed my hands on the back of my head.

“You don’t have Pokémon so how CAN you understand!” Jamie said, tears were filling up in his dark brown eyes. He now looked about 5 years younger. I giggled to myself.

“Bo...” Falkner whispered into my ear, “Don’t be so harsh. When trainers lose a match, they can get very stressed out. He obviously hasn’t been training with his Rattata for very long so he doesn’t realize that losing is a part of life and that everyone loses sometimes.” I looked up at Falkner and looked deeply into his eyes. I got lost in them.

“O-okay...” I mumbled not taking my eyes off his beautiful eyes.

“C’mon Rattata! Let’s go train and we’ll be able to defeat Falkner one day! One day Falkner! I will beat you and you’ll be the one bursting into tears!” Jamie called and ran out of the town.

“Can’t wait.” Falkner murmured looking intrigued.

I shook my head and glanced up at Falkner again. “Anything else you want to show me?” I asked interested. I smiled at him and he returned Pidgeot to its Poke’ Ball.

“Well...” Falkner looked up and pointed to a large pink building. It had a Poke’ Ball above the front doors which slid open once someone walked in front of them.