Chapter 3: Falkner's a Gym Leader... WHAT?!

Chapter 3

Falkner’s a Gym Leader... WHAT!

I raced over to the shop and peered through the window. “I want one! Or even two!” I cheered admiring them.

“That’s a bow. People put those on their Pokémon or even in their hair. Very pretty.” He explained. He placed his hand on the window. “Want me to get you one?” I looked at him.

“If you don’t mind! After all I am broke and have no good clothes or food.” I said scratching my head. Falkner laughed.

“I’ll buy you knew clothes and food and other important things. Just don’t go overboard on my money, okay?” He said handing my about fifty dollars.

“Thank you!” I respectfully said bowing and racing into the store. I found a nice skirt which was a maroon colour and a matching top with long sleeves. I saw two bows which would match so I picked them up too. I ran into the change rooms and tried them on.

“How do I look?” I asked stepping out of the change cubical to show Falkner.

“Nice, you look very smart and pretty.” He said looking at me up and down. “Now all you need is a backpack to carry stuff and a place to put your Pokémon.”

“I don’t have any Pokémon.” I reminded him.

“I know but you’ll be getting some, right?”

“Uhh... I guess so.”

“That’s cool then.” Falkner nodded and He took my old clothes away from me. “Do you want these?”

“Nah just throw them away.” I suggested and he paid for my new clothes at the counter.

As we walked out of the store, Falkner placed all of my wrecked clothes into the bin.

“There.” He said happily. “You look a lot better now.”

“Thanks.” I said happily too, “I love my Bow’s!”

“Hmm.” Falkner said scratching his chin. “Can I give you a nickname at least? So I can call you something.” He asked.

“Sure, what nickname?” I said fiddling with my bow’s.

“How about... Bo?” He suggested.

“You want to call me Bow?” I asked looking at him with concern.

“Yeah Bo, B-O.” He nodded.

“Oh... B-O... isn’t that when you smell though?” I asked looking at my armpits. Falkner laughed.

“It can be a name. It’s decided then, you’ll be Bo!” Falkner cheered and pinched my arm.

“Okay... My names officially Bo! I like it!” I cheered also.

“I, Bob, am gonna be the best Pokémon catcher of all time!” I said standing on a brick wall.

“Um... don’t you mean Pokémon Trainer?” He asked giggling.

“Whatever!” I said hopping off the bricks.

Me and Falkner then began to walk through the town. We were sightseeing and glancing around everywhere.

“This is so fun!” I exclaimed as I peered into many store windows.

“Yes, most girls like to shop around for items such as clothes and jewellery. It’s just their way of being themselves I guess.” Falkner exclaimed looking up at the giant tree.

“Why is it called ‘Small Tree Town’ though? Shouldn’t the tree be small to fit in with the name?” I asked him.

“No, the tree resembles the town by being big although the town is quite small for its size. It’s only thought of as big because a lot of people come here.”