Chapter 5

"Let's go?" Jimin walked up behind me as I exited the classroom, referencing our agreement to go to his place after school to study together for the upcoming science test.

I nodded. "Yeah, just let me pee," I replied, making a beeline for the nearest bathroom.

Jimin reddened and immediately stopped in his tracks. "Yah!" he cried. "You can't just say things like that in public!"

"Why not?" I asked carelessly. "We're close, aren't we?"

Jimin looked around, his eyes darting throughout the filled hallway to make sure that no one had heard.

"But you can't just drop a bomb like that," he insisted. "People will think weird things!"

"Alright, alright, just wait here, okay?" I waved him off and left him standing as I crossed the corridor to go to the bathroom. When I turned the corner into the women's room, I held out my hand so that my nails could scrape against the tile.

When I emerged to wash my hands, I pressed the knob to turn on the water with the back of my hand. A steady stream of water let out, and I lathered my hands in soap. A trio of girls entered the bathroom, and I glanced at them through the mirror.

Though they were wearing uniforms, it wasn't hard to discern what kind of people they were. Their makeup was precise and clean, their skin lightened, and their eyes malicious. Each girl had a different shade of strawberry-brown hair, and when I went to dry my hands, they instantly moved to block the way.

"Lee Sori?" asked the one with the lightest hair.

"Yes?" I looked up at them innocently. They didn't look familiar, so I figured that they were underclassmen. They had the cocky air of second-years, so why didn't she use honorifics? If she knew my name, she definitely knew that I was older than her...

"Would you like to tell us why the two most powerful boys in school are fighting over you?" spat the one with the darkest hair color. "What's so special about you?"

"I don't want to be rude," I began, beginning to feel annoyance from their impoliteness, "but aren't you younger than me?"

"Oh, sorry, eonnie," drawled the same girl. "My bad. So, eonnie, would you tell us why?"

"Do you mean Taehyung and Jimin?" I asked. I shrugged. "How would I know?"

The light-haired girl shook her head. "What do they see in you?" she mused. "What are you anyways? You look so weak..."

"I'm Korean," I replied with uncertainty. "And I was born the year of the pig. I'm also a Virgo."

She rolled her eyes. "Ha-ha," she droned drily. "How funny. No, really."

"...What else could you mean?"

The light-haired girl grit her teeth. "Well, I guess we'll have to find out ourselves," she sighed, glancing at her friends.

She lunged, the other two following, and I felt all three of them impact my body as a startled scream escaped my lips. Hard. I was thrown to the ground, skidding across the tiled floor, so that I was on the opposite side of the room. The three girls were now crouched on the ground, baring their teeth--no, fangs--and scraping their sharpened nails against the floor.

I backed up until I was flattened against the wall. Who were they? Or what were they?

They began to approach me, crawling on all fours with surprising ease. Their shoulder muscles rippled with lithe experience, and nothing looked awkward at all, as if it was natural for them. All three of them eyed me with predatorial wariness.

"Aren't you going to defend yourself?" asked the one with the medium hair color. "You'd hide yourself, even in this situation?"

I just gaped at her.

"What a weird fourth-year," she sighed.

I heard growls rising from their throats, and their eyes all trained on me, all three sets of pupils slitted. I pressed myself even harder against the wall in fear. They came closer, and the darkest-haired one licked her lips, exposing a sharpened tooth from behind her cherry red tongue.

They rushed forward, and I had nowhere to go. One sank her fangs into my arm, and I screeched out in pain, ripping it away from her. My arm came back with a crescent of bloody puncture wounds. They came at me with unnaturally sharp nails and bared teeth, and the only thing I could do was kick and scream. As I felt more of my skin being torn open, I started to cry and shriek even louder. Surely someone had heard me?

"Get off of her!" The bathroom door was slammed open, ricocheting off the wall. All three girls stopped immediately and scampered out the door, their voices in high-pitched squeals of panic.

I groggily raised my head to look at what had scared them so badly.

"Sori!" It was Jimin. He ran to my side quickly and knelt. "Let me take you to the school nurse, okay?"

"Wait." I sat up on my elbows, wincing at the sting of my open wounds shifting with my movements. "Why are you acting like nothing weird has happened? They had claws and fangs, Jimin. They were monsters, and somehow you scared them away."

I looked Jimin over. Although well-muscled, he was still slight in frame and had the innocent face of a cherub. There was no way that demonic girls could be so easily scared of such a boy.

Jimin laughed nervously. "Claws and fangs, Sori?" he managed to chuckle out. "I think the pain has gotten to your head. C'mon, let me take you to the nurse."

"No." I glared at him, ignoring the physical discomfort I was in. "I'm not moving until you tell me what just happened. I know that you know something I don't."

***

A/N: Wowowowowowwwww so Sori has finally figured something out!!!1! I hope you don't mind that I made her kind of stubborn and a little blind. Anyways, thank you for 1k reads already! I hope you're enjoying so far~

As usual, if you are, please consider voting/commenting/sharing/all of the above so I know! Thank you so much for reading up till now!