Chapter 22: Believe in Me - Demetria's Point of View Continued

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It was a Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me <--- this book ;)

Note: Thank you for the continuous support on this story! It really does mean a lot to me and I'm glad this story has been able to help so many of you. Remember to follow me on twitter @StrongLovaticJB and follow Kayla at @itsKaylaDane.

Also, follow my other account on wattpad @AccioShell. It has poetry and songs that will be seen in this chapter later on. So it's a little sneak peek into this story.

and enjoy this chapter! :)

I had a lot of fun writing it.

Chapter 22: Believe in Me – Demetria’s Point of View Continued

I'm losing myself

Trying to compete

With everyone else

Instead of just being me

Don't know where to turn

I've been stuck in this routine

I need to change my ways

Instead of always being weak.

I don't wanna be afraid

I wanna wake up feeling beautiful..today

And know that I'm okay

Cause everyone's perfect in unusual ways

So you see, I just wanna believe in me.

            I believe in you. The words echoed in my head over and over again. I believe in you. She believes in me. I never wanted to believe a lot that she has said before, but it’s written right here in black and white. The doctor and Barb let me keep mom’s book in my room so I can read it when I think of doing something bad. I’ve been skipping around and reading certain chapters that seem interesting. In a way it helps me feel connected to the world at home. It makes me feel closer to my family again. My mom’s more observant than I give her credit. She notices everything about us. One chapter that stuck out in my mind today was the chapter called Demetria. At first I thought it was about Aunt Demi, but mom always calls her Dem or Demi. I’m either D or Demetria to her; I knew it had to be about me. I turned to the page and started reading it.

            I don’t know if my daughter will read this book or not. I’d like to think she would, but she’s a teenager now. She has her own life and she’s figuring out who she is. That’s exactly what I was trying to do when I was her age. Of course, I had quite a bit of bad luck, but I hope that’s not what happens to her. I’m very proud of who she is becoming. She’s grown up in a family and household I wish I had growing up. Demetria got to have an average childhood and got to go to a public school. That’s all I wanted to happen when I thought about having children. If they want a career in the spotlight then they’ll have to get their education first. Education is always most important.

            It was a huge shock to me when I found out I was pregnant. Dylan and I had been married for a while, but we didn’t want to have children right away because of our careers. We wanted to get used to the idea of being married before moving onto the next step. We were married for about two years when I knew I had to be pregnant. Naturally Dylan was the first person I told and we went to a doctor right away. Demi and Simone were the first to throw me a party. It wasn’t even a baby shower yet; it was just a party to celebrate the fact that I was going to be a mother and Dylan was going to be a dad. Demi even brought her one year old daughter to the party that she named after me.