Chapter 23: So Far So Great - Demetria's Point of View Continued

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It was a Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me <--this book ;)

Chapter 23: So Far So Great – Demetria’s Point of View Continued

Everyone says don't get your hopes up

Learn the ropes and climb the ladder

I know in the end that just being here is the best

And it only gets better, it only gets better…

“Mommy?” I whimpered into the phone. “Is it really you?”

“It’s really me,” I could hear her sniffling into the phone. “I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to call.”

“Why didn’t you call sooner?” I asked.

“I don’t think I was ready yet. It took me all this time to get the courage to call you. Your doctor just updated us and told us you could take calls now.”

“Did you try calling sooner?”

“Your dad did once, but the doctor wasn’t sure it was a good idea. We wanted to respect his wishes. We didn’t want it to push you over the edge.”

“But I’ve been waiting for you to call!”

“It’s okay,” she assured me, “I’m here now.”

“I miss you.”

“I miss you too D. How are you feeling?”

“I’m feeling a lot of everything, but I think it’s good.”

“That’s good then.”

“Yeah, it’s better than feeling nothing at all.”

“That’s true.”

“Mom?”

“Yes?”

“I’m sorry.”

“For what Demetria?”

“Everything I did back home. I don’t remember a lot of it. I guess I was too high or drunk, but I’m sorry.  I never meant to hurt anyone else, I promise I didn’t.”

“I know D, I know. You’re sick. Sometimes when we’re sick we don’t always have control over our actions.”

“You’re the only one who understands me mom…”

            I can’t believe I’m finally talking to her on the phone again. I used to run away to my room because I hated the sound of her voice, but now I would do anything to make this conversation last longer. I miss my mom, I miss my dad, and I miss my brother and sister. I miss my entire family back home.

“More people understand you than you think D. I can promise you that.”

Barb came in and signaled me to start ending the call.

“Mom, I have to go. Our time is almost up.”

“Okay sweetie, stay strong for me okay? Don’t give up. I’m here for you and I miss you.”

I started crying a little, “I miss you so much mom.”

“I miss you too,” I could mom still sniffling in the back ground; probably brought on by my crying.