Chapter 2

11 days later

                                                                           ----------

Ever since the announcement everyone has been in a frenzy. My sister's friends keep on coming over and talking about Prince Robert. I for one could not see what the big deal was about so I spent the daytime in my room and at night flying around so I can memorize this town.

Finally the twelfth day came and we all gathered around the TV excited to see that the prince would pick the applications and then read them later tonight.

"Good morning Seacoast," greeted King Nathan. "To day is the day that you get to see my son pick 32 ladies. And later on today announce them all to you. And tonight you will also have another surprise. But I shall not spoil it for all of you.

"As my son walks around the room picking the entry's I will be saying which place they are all from." Prince Robert stood up and went to the first basket which was overflowing."Bridger, Cottonwood, Whites, Spring, Roses...." On and on until he came to the last basket "Moonlight." The basket wasn't even half full Robert simply picked one off the top.

                                                                                   -------------- 

Later right before Prince Robert was about to what I thought come up Gem paused it.

"Ok I just want to say if I got this I'm happy that you girls entered it two," she said.

"Me two, I love you guys and if I get this this will not change me," Hannah intervened.

"Ok I know I won't get this so it will not change me," I said.

Gem played it.

Prince Robert comes up with his little sister. "Good evening Seacoast, tonight I will not be telling you who has gotten the chance to be here instead my dear little sister Olivia will, but some advice for when you come here be yourselves." He walked off to take his seat by the king and queen.

"From Bridger Miss. Emma Hawk," a girl with straight brown hair flashes across the screen, "from Cottonwood Miss Jo Fisher," a girl with wild red curles appears. "Sophia Rivers, Ava Apple, Isabella Dar,..... Ella Wison, Victoria Jay,...........from America Miss Twilight Crystal, from Carolina Miss Scarlett Blue, from Trent Miss Violet Farfalla, and finally from Moonlight Miss Flower Lee," my face of gray blue eyes and blond hair crossed the screen. "Let everyone congratulat these lovely ladies and everyone have a goodnight!" The screen went blank.

Complete silence followed afterwards until Daniela broke it.

"Why her?!" She yelled. "How can she be chosen?!"

I put my face in my hands.

"I agree," said Gem, "there has to be some mistake. She can't be chosen!"

"Deal with it," Clara said to them. They gaped at her, "she got chosen so be happy for her and if you can't then deal with it!" 

"Why you little-" Gem started saying but before I could finish hearing what she was saying Hannah and Harold has gotten me out of there and into my room. They put me in my bed, and then left me.

I then slowly and silently cryed myself to sleep.

That night I dreamed of my dad. Him telling me how much he had loved me and wanted me to be happy. But somehow I knew that wasn't true since he had left my mom, siblings, and myself when I was 10 and then gotten himself in a car crash and died 3 years ago. But somehow I knew holding onto this dream would help me get through the night.