14. "What do you guys do?"

Jason:

Slowly, the weeks dragged on. Daisy had been spending more and more time with Ryan and Brandy and less and less time with me. I was glad that she had made a friend and was showing some interest in guys, but really? Did she have to become friends with Brandy? Of all people and don't even get me started about Ryan.

Since I wasn't able to hang out with her during the day, I've been spending a whole lot of time at Derrick's place, getting some jobs done. I could tell that he was really pleased with me lately, that was only because I was doing what he asked.

He was lucky, though. If I had other things I could be doing, I wouldn't be wasting my time with him. Yeah, doing jobs for him got me paid..but I was starting to get sick of him. He thought to highly of himself and it was really annoying.

Mari and I haven't been talking lately, either. I guess, since her and Mario haven't seen each other in so long, they were using this time to catch up or some shit like that. At first, I was upset that she was spending so much time with him and blowing me off all the time, but now I didn't even care. It is what it is.

There was another month left in the project with Daisy. We still had to write a two page essay on what it was like to live with someone else like a married couple. I wasn't sure if I even was going to do the paper. It didn't really interest me.

It was fun.

That would probably be the only thing that I'd write on the stupid paper. Maybe I'd write my name in the corner, the date and the class period. Then, hand it in to Mr. Lewis.

Shaking my head, I ran my fingers through the messy locks that laid on the top of my head. Last night, I was at Tanner's. I ended up falling asleep on his couch. Today, was a free day for me – other then school.

I'd be able to go to school, then go home. I was honestly thinking about skipping the whole school part, but I quickly changed my mind when I figured that I could talk to Daisy during school. She was never in the dorm anymore.

In these past two weeks, I've noticed that she has become really pretty. Her and Brandy go shopping a lot – considering Brandy's whole family is filthy rich – causing Daisy to change her style a lot. Instead of her large cardigans, that she looked so comfortable in, she's been wearing shorter and tighter shirts.

I wasn't sure if I liked this change, but I wasn't going to lie about how good she looked in her new clothes. I remember, like two nights ago. Her and Ryan were going to the park or something. He was downstairs in the lobby waiting for her and she was still in the bathroom getting dressed. I was on the bed, just laying there – trying to get some rest before I had to go out.