Chapter 1

Surprises 

Never in my life did I ever think that my own father was capable of giving me up... better yet gamble me like an object. Tears running down my face like the Nile river and my brother, Dean, banging on the door non-stop.

"Come on, Soph, let me in please?" He stopped banging on the door.

"Just hear me out okay?"

"How could you?" I asked him, I walked over to the door and slid down, the tears wouldn't stop.

"I-I, I'm sorry, It was the only way for you to be safe from them, I wouldn't have agreed with dad if it were easier."  He sighed.

"He threatened us, he has more power...more people than us, Sofia, Please understand."

I'm their family, Now I'm marrying a man I don't love nor know. 

Just a little recap of my never-ending tragic story, I'm a twenty-year-old woman, just back from school and traveling, a horrifying event happening behind my back, but it was always there my family is involved with some bad things, but they're not all bad. long story short I was given in a trade to a strange man. 

"How does it protect me if you're putting me in the hands of the man you're supposedly protecting me from?" I swallowed my pain and got up and opened the door.

"Tell me how that makes sense De'?"  I looked at him, I couldn't look at him without crying.

I walked downstairs and my dad was sitting in the kitchen, drinking a glass of vodka.

"Soph, are you okay" I looked at him, How? How could he? I'm his only daughter? I grabbed a juice box and sat in the living room and watched Chrisley knows best. Right now that's the only thing that will not betray me. I mean come on, I leave to go find a life, better than what I had before, to really let go and try to find out what I want to do with my life,  for three years and now all the sudden someone else is in charge of my life, I don't think so.

"Soph, don't ignore me, I had no choice" I looked up at him.

"There's always a choice dad, I'm twenty years old, I'm grown you had no right!" Dean came downstairs he looking pale.

"They're coming...I just got a call from one of his men" I stood up.

"Who's coming?" I looked at my dad, his face expressions nowhere to be found, this was the gang leader now. 

"Jax" Just the name shot this unsettling feeling down my spine. I already didn't like the guy, what kind of man things to bring family into his affairs. He is disgusting. 

"How far are they?" My dad asked.

"Maybe like twenty minutes"

"They said I had time"

I ran upstairs and looked around my room, everything was still in their boxes and in my suitcases. I grabbed my black leather book bag, put money in there, I grabbed my pocket knife (for safety right?). I hopped out of my window and walked down the path.

What am I doing??? This is my fucking house, my fucking life, I'm not running form the son of the bitch.

I walked back and opened the gate, I climbed up the side of my house and plopped on my bed, I immediately locked myself in my room. I took off my shoes and tried to relax on my bed, but how could I, this man is coming now, for me. 

"AAAAARRRRUUUGGGHHHHHH, I HATE ALL OF YOU"

I let out my screams. 

"Sophia come downstairs? please" I heard Dean yell from the bottom of the staircase.