3 .

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has started reading this story and voted!
xo ~ Bailey

I quickly became hopelessly lost wandering around town. This was a horrible idea. I sighed and mentally slapped myself.

At least Embry was enjoying herself. She seemed to really love seeing all the new sights and getting familiar with all the new smells.

We were walking down what I was pretty sure was main street and I noticed two younger boys exiting a shop called VIncent's. They were other shorter than me. One had glasses and a lightly freckled face while the other had very tanned skin and, in my own opinion, nicely styled hair (Squints and Yeah-yeah). The one with glasses help a brand new baseball in his hands and they were chattering excitedly to each other.

I was going to ask them if they knew my cousin but, they had stopped in their tracks and we're just staring at me like idiots. I heard them mutter "whoa" and "wow." I wasn't really in the mood to deal with some weird little boys so I half smiled and kept walking past them.

I looked back at them. The tanned one grabbed the other and tugged on his arm. "Come on, we got to get to the sandlot."

Sandlot? Sandlot. Sandlot. Then, it hit me! Scotty had said something about a sandlot last night at dinner. I whirled around and was about to ask if I could tag along but they had disappeared. I looked around but the boys were nowhere to be found. I sighed and continued onward. I came across a park that had a baseball field.

I perked up and ran over to the baseball field with Embry running at my side. I scanned the field and looked at each of the players the best I could. I couldn't identify any of them. I sighed. Scotty and his friends weren't here. I was officially giving up on this ridiculous search.

I had hoped this would be the socalled sandlot. I turned back around and looked to the left and right not sure exactly how to get back to the Smalls' house. I was about to go left when I heard a voice. I was closer than the others' I heard that were playing.

"Hey you!"

I slowly turned around. A player about my age was running off the field towards me. He was pretty cute and wore an adorable smile.

"Yes?" I asked.

"You new around here, right?" The boy asked.

I smiled sweetly. "Yeah, I am. I'm just staying with my aunt for the summer."

He frowned slightly. "Ah, too bad you're only here for a few months. Where does your aunt live?"

I thought for a moment. I didn't actually know their address. "Um... I'm not exactly sure. I just got here yesterday and I'm still trying to get settled in."

The boy nodded. "Cool. Well, welcome. I'm Phillips by the way."

"I'm Braelynn but my friends call me Lynn and this," I motioned to my husky, "is Embry."

"Nice to meet you, Lynn... and Embry."

"You as well." I smiled before looking down at Embry. She was simply sitting there, staring at the baseball player.

There was a short pause between us, not an awkward silence but a moment of silence in which we both just stared into each others' eyes thoughtfully.

"So," I begin. "Full disclosure, I'm completely lost. I'm looking for my cousin who's supposed to be at a place I think called the sandlot. Do you know where that is?"

A mischievous look appeared on Philipps face. I was both wary and intrigued by it.

"Oh yeah, my friends and I were just about to go over there. You can come with us if you want."