Chapter 3

We are all trying to get over the person who broke our hearts. We are all far from perfect.
~Alex Rossa

It is just a regular Tuesday night at the bar. There aren't many people but it isn't empty. My cousin, Colton, comes in for a bite to eat and a beer. I wait on some other tables before I have time to talk to him. "Hey!" I say cheerfully sitting across from him. My back is facing the door to the bar.

"Hey, Tatiana." He replies. "How are you?" He asks.

"I'm good. What about you?"

"I'm good." He replies. I notice his body tense and his eyes turn cold. "Tatiana, Chad is here." He says, coldly.

"What?"

"Chad is here. He just walked in." Colton says again.

"Crap." I say. "I'll be at the bar." I stand and walk quickly over there. My boss and owner of this bar, Logan, is behind the bar. Logan was two years ahead of me in high school and he knows all about Chad.

Chad glides up to the bar with a cocky grin on his face. "Tatiana." He says smoothly as if he is trying to impress me. "Long time no see."

"What is it that you want, Chad?" I ask.

"I want to know what happened to our baby?" He asks looking at me in the eyes.

"That is none of your business." I reply.

"Oh, Tatiana, it is very much my business. See, I am this baby's father. I helped create this child. You wouldn't have this child if it wasn't for me. You should thank me."

"Why should I thank you? You beat the crap out of me. You raped me. You ran away right afterwards."

"Because you wouldn't have the child if it wasn't for me. You love this child. I know you do. You can't imagine life without him or her." He replies. Colton and Logan now intervene.

"I want you to leave my business now, Chad." Logan says with contempt in his voice.

"Why should I?"

"Because you are disturbing the peace in this bar, you are borderline threatening my employee and friend, and you have done evil things and don't deserve to be here." Logan replies.

"What will you do if I don't leave?"

"You'll just have to wait and see." Logan says.

Ten minutes later, my uncle Cash arrives. Uncle Cash is the sheriff of Guntersville, Alabama. "Chad Milton. What are you doing in town?" My uncle asks with a coldness in his voice. No one messes with my uncle.

"Paying a visit to my lovely Tatiana." Chad replies.

"Well she doesn't want you to visit. You aren't welcome in this building either. I would strongly recommend leaving."

"Well I ain't gonna leave until I get what I want."

"What is it that you want?" I ask Chad.

"I want joint custody of our child." Chad declares.

"Like hell you are!" I say.

"Chad, you can either walk outta here with or without handcuffs. Your choice." Uncle Cash says menacingly.

"Fine. Looks like we are doing this the hard way, Tatiana." Chad says. He storms off, leaving the building.

"Tatiana, are you okay?" Uncle Cash asks, his voice now full of warmth, love, and care.

"What is he going to do?" I ask my uncle worriedly.

"I honestly don't know, Tatiana. He might be smart, which he ain't, and leave town or he's going to stay awhile." Uncle Cash replies.

"What can we do to prevent him from coming near Ash?" I ask.

"Nothing much since he has never been charged with anything. He can do whatever he wants since this is a free country. The minute he steps out of bounds though, I'm gonna put his ass in jail." My uncle replies. "And he has a sorry excuse for an ass too." I laugh a little at that.

I head home at the end of my shift. I walk into my living room to find Ryder passed out on my couch and Claire working on her laptop. She looks up from the screen and notices that there is something wrong. "Tatiana, is everything okay?" She asks worriedly.

"Chad came into the bar tonight." I reply. Claire's jaw drops.

"What?!"

"Chad came into the bar and he wants joint custody of Ash." I say. I feel a tear fall down my cheek. Then I feel many more tears fall down my cheeks.

"Oh, Tatiana!" Claire exclaims. She wraps me up in a hug. "He is a bastard, dipshit, asshat, dickwad, and a fucker."

"I know. But what is he going to do, Claire? He can't see her. He doesn't deserve to know his daughter."

"Honey, I don't know what he is going to do. But we will figure it out. Ryder and I will do whatever it takes to prevent him from seeing her."

"I wish he would just dig himself a hole and die in it." I say.

"We all do. Did you talk to Cash about it?" Claire asks.

"Logan called him because Chad wasn't leaving after being told to." I reply.

"Well I'm sure he is going to make sure Chad doesn't see Ash."

"I know." I say sniffling.

Instagram: theoriginal_three