Chapter 7

I believe that the greatest truths of the universe don't lie outside, in the study of the stars and the planets. They lie deep within us, in the magnificence of our heart, mind, and soul. Until we understand what is within, we can't understand what is without.
~Anita Moorjani

The kiss I shared with Trevor last night was just magnificent. I loved every moment of it. I wake up Sunday morning feeling happy. I hurry out of bed and take a nice warm shower. I then get dressed in a pair of shorts and a loosely fitted shirt. I let my hair air dry.

I decide to watch some TV in the peace and quiet. I love Ash dearly but sometimes watching adult TV is relaxing. I grab a mug of coffee before turning on the TV. I settle down into the couch and enjoy the warmth of the coffee and the relaxation.

During one of the commercial breaks, I hear the doorbell ring. I don't look in the small little hole in the door before answering. That was a mistake. A big fat mistake. "Where is our child, Tatiana?!" Chad yells. His usual blue eyes are bloodshot and his breath reeks of alcohol. Who the hell gets drunk before eleven in the morning?! Chad. That's who.

"None of your damn business, Chad." I say. That is the second mistake I make. He storms into my house in rage.

"Tatiana, you better tell me where our child is or else!" He threatens.

"Or else what?" I ask. That would be the third mistake I make. He grabs me by the neck and pushes me against the wall. It hurts so bad.

"Tell me where our child is or I swear to God!" He yells. I don't say anything. I can't. Not only because I can barely breathe but I need to protect my daughter. My precious Ashton. When I don't answer, he punches me in the stomach. Now that hurt.

He lets go of my neck and I collapse to the floor. I catch my breath as he walks through my house searching for Ash whom he won't find here. He opens up her bedroom door and walks into her bedroom. After about ten seconds he walks back out. "We have a daughter." He says. "What is her name?" He asks.

"Like hell I'm telling you." Now that would be my fourth mistake. He grabs me by the neck again and squeezes even harder if that is possible. My vision starts to turn fuzzy.

"What is her name?!" He asks again.

"Ashton." I barely say above a whisper. He would kill me if I didn't tell him. Ash needs me and I can't let him do away with me. He lets go of my neck again and I drop to the floor catching up on breath. He starts kicking me in the stomach. I want to fight back but I can't. After at least three kicks, he stops. He unzips his pants. No. No, no, no. Not again. He pulls down my shorts and underwear. He tears off my shirt in the process too. He starts to go down on me but as he is about to enter, something stops him.

"You are worthless to me, Tatiana." He says. He stands up and pulls on his pants. He walks out the door, leaving me on the floor. Just like before.

It hurts so bad to move. My stomach is in so much pain and so is my neck. But I need to call someone. I crawl over to my purse and find my cell phone. My finger slip as I try to dial my uncle and my finger lands on Trevor instead. I don't have the energy to fix that. As long as he answers. And he does. "Hey Tatiana!" He says cheerfully when he answers.

"Trevor." I whisper into the phone.

"What's wrong?" He asks worriedly.

"Chad...he hurt...me...please help." I whisper then I drop the phone and then pass out from the pain.

Instagram: theoriginal_three