Chapter 6

It was our first date and I asked what his favorite movie is. He asked if I'd judge him, but instead of judging him I just loved him.
~Dominic Riccitello

My mom and my sisters pick up Ash at around eight in the morning. Claire comes over at round nine. "I am going to help you get ready for your date with Trevor." She declares.

"Okay." I say quizzically. "How?" I ask.

"We are going back to my place and since you are my dress size before I got pregnant, you can borrow one of my dresses. Aren't you going to Angelo's?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"Well you need a nice dress for that."

"Are you saying I don't have nice dresses?" I ask faking hurt.

"You own beautiful dresses but you have only one nice dress for that particular restaurant. At least come and see what I have."

"Okay." I say, relenting. "Let me grab my purse and I'll meet you in the car."

"Yay!" Claire says.

We get to her house about fifteen minutes later. Claire and Ryder live in house my brother designed and constructed. It's a beautiful two story house on twenty acres of land. We immediately walk straight to her bedroom and open up the giant walk-in closet. Claire pulls out about ten different dresses. "Try them all on and then we will narrow it down."

"Okay." I say. She hands me the first dress which is a sleeveless deep red dress that hits about mid thigh. "How does this one look?" I ask her. She thinks about it for a couple seconds.

"I think it looks good but you should try on the others before we decide." She says.

We end up deciding on a white lace dress that is fitted but not badly. It hits the top of my knees. "What shoes should I wear with this?" I ask.

"Hmm...maybe these." She says, holding up a pair of red stilettos. "Red goes with white perfectly and I think I have some red lipstick to match."

"Okay. Thank you, Claire." I say.

"You're welcome." She says. "Why don't we eat lunch here since it is pretty close to lunch time?"

"Sounds great." I say.

"Do hamburgers and French fries sound good?" She asks as we walk downstairs.

"Yeah." I say. "Where's Ryder? Doesn't he take the weekends off?" I ask.

"Yeah he does. He went to help your dad with some things on the family farm." She replies.

"Oh. I didn't know there was something wrong." I say.

"He didn't give me many details but it sounded like they were going to work on some fences and start painting the barn."

"Okay." I say. "So are you excited for the baby?" I ask once we are in the kitchen.

"I'm scared to be honest." She replies.

"Why?" I ask curiously.

"What if I do something wrong? What if I can't be a good mother? I don't know how to be a mother." She admits.