Love You Right

Derek pulled up in front of Stiles' house, the black Camaro halting evenly to the right of the driveway. The last time he did this he found all of his belongings thrown in garbage bags, scattered across the porch, and now, here he was, bringing them all back again.
          A couple weeks after their meeting, Derek began the process of moving back to Beacon Hills. Despite Stiles offering to move up to Oakland after he finished senior year, neither seemed too keen on waiting that long. They had wasted enough time apart, Derek deciding to reoccupying the empty space in Stiles' bed and Cora would take up residence in the spare bedroom. The loft, still under the name of Derek Hale, remained vacant, however, was utilized for certain pack business and not much more.
         Despite everything being organized and the heartache that erupted through him when he laid his eyes on this place, Derek could not bring himself to regret starting up his and Stiles' relationship again. It was true, the wolf had almost gotten over him- was almost able to sustain a mediocre life without the human, but he never, not for one second, stopped loving him. Even though he had come so close to moving on, Derek knew he would never be as happy as he was with Stiles.

Seeming to hear his contradictory thoughts, the passenger door opened, Stiles climbing in and shutting it behind him, "I got my load in." Stiles declared, referring to the Jeep-load of belongings he had driven back from Derek and Cora's loft in Oakland, "Why're you slackin?"

Derek let slip a tiny smile, "I'm not. I just..." he trailed off, eyes doing the same in relation to the house in front of him.

Stiles pressed his nervous lips together, "Derek, if this was too soon-"

"No." Derek interjected, catching the relief in Stiles' eyes, "It's not that."

"Then what is it?" Stiles asked, however, knew it could be many things.

Derek's eyes traveled to the window, just to the right of Stiles' turned face. That way he was looking in the boy's vicinity for truth's sake, but not actually looking at him, "It's just," he sighed, seeming to have trouble getting the words out, "I don't get what I want." Derek said simply, "I just don't. Everything always ends badly or just ends." Stiles' eyebrows knitted together, wondering if this was Derek's prediction on their rekindled relationship, "And I just don't want that to happen with us again."

Stiles' features sunk, "If you're thinking any of that was your fault, you're wrong." he said achingly, "I wasn't in my right head and I just took it out on you because you were there. You were always there for me and I treated you like crap for it. All that was on me, not you."

         Derek finally looked at Stiles, their eyes meeting soulfully. He nodded, knowing it wouldn't exactly help to argue. Stiles was right anyhow, it was his fault and, now that he knew that, they could move on- they could move on together.
         Deciding to start this very second, Derek leaned forward, lips catching Stiles' with his own. The boy responded positively, fingers creeping into Derek's hair as their kiss held forth. Stiles hummed pleasantly as he always did, lips opening to welcome Derek's tongue. He took full advantage, hand supporting the back of Stiles' neck.
         Out of the blue, a car honked repeatedly from behind them, jolting their systems to abruptly unlatch from one another. Tearing their heads in the direction in which the sound came from, they looked out the back windshield, Cora waving mockingly from the FJ Cruiser parked behind the Camaro. Stiles smiled sheepishly, eyes glancing back to Derek's of which were rolling.
         Hopping out of the Cruiser, Cora walked up to the driver's window of the Camaro and knocked. Derek turned, glaring up at her as he rolled down the glass boundary. She leaned down, head almost poking through the window.

"What? Am I supposed to do all the heavy lifting while you two sit here and neck?" She asked smartly, Stiles' eyes glued on Derek because, he couldn't deny, it was adorable to see the huffy alpha envelope his sibling baring.