Chapter 10; Picking Sides

~The Salvatore Sister~

New Discoveries.

Out of all the people I could be spending this wonderful day with, it just had to be Elena and Damon. We were on our way to meet up with Elena's brother, while Stefan was at home trying to figure out where Alaric has hid the other stake. I think we're going to all end up dead because of this missing stake. At least I had my own stake if the situation actually does end up like how I believe it will. It always will come down to myself, and if I have to kill anyone for my safety, I will.

''This is terrible. What is this?'' I said as I stare at the two who were in the front of the car with a disgusted look on my face.

''It's called music, Ashley.''

''I prefer real music, which isn't your taste of music.''

Damon groaned loudly, obviously annoyed by me.

''Have you ever wondered how many people hate you? I mean the list is probably so long it will take a few years to finish,'' I said with a chuckle. I loved annoying Damon.

''Shut up Ashley,'' Damon said as we pulled into a parking lot. From what I could see, there were a few people playing baseball. This is what Elena's brother does for fun? How boring.

The two quickly got out of the car and started heading towards one of the guys practicing. I followed right behind, catching a few of the guys' eyes as I walked by. I rolled my eyes as I stopped right beside Damon.

''Hey Jackson!'' I shouted before the two could greet him.

Recognizing my voice, he turned around. His scowl turning into a smile as he saw Elena standing closer to the gate. His stare reverted back to me, where his scowl returned.

''It's Jeremy.''

''And I don't care,'' I said cheerfully.

''Why is she here?'' He groaned as he looked over at Elena and Damon. I frowned at his question. How could he not love my presence?

''We need your help Jer,'' Elena shouted.

''Yeah of course. With what?'' He asked as he placed his bat against the gate. Walking ahead with Damon and Elena, they both explained the situation that had been going on for a while. I grabbed the bat, lightly swinging it back and fourth.

''Katherine sired us, Rose sired Katherine, all we need to do is find out who sired Rose,'' Damon said. I scrunched up my face in confusion. Who the hell was Rose?

''So, you traveled across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?''

''No, we traveled across the country because we missed you,'' I said sarcastically. Jeremy glanced over at me to give me a glare, I returned it with a smile.

''Dead vampire is redundant, but yes,'' Damon said, paying no attention to me.

''Well, I can't. I could talk to Anna and Vicki because I knew them. I've never even met Rose.''

I groaned in annoyance. ''So, you're telling me that we came all this way for it to most likely not work,'' I growled at my older brother. Damon ignored my comment as he kept his stare on Jeremy.

''What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?''

''Rose spent a long time running from Klaus as well. She and Damon were close, so maybe we can use him as a connection,'' Elena suggested. Damon being close to a woman? I wiggled my eyebrows jokingly, understanding now who Rose was to Damon.