Chapter 5; An Unforgettable Mistake

~The Salvatore Sister~

An unforgettable Mistake.

As Rebekah dragged me over to where I could see my brothers, a million thoughts filled my mind, making me scowl. Thoughts that I had desperately tried to keep hidden in the dark depths of my mind. Ones that I wish I never had.

There was always the urge to go back to what we used to be. I knew I missed it, even if I'd never admit it. The thought of going back to Mystic falls to rekindle with my brothers and find peace had always followed me. But it wasn't what they deserved.

As much as I wished that we could warp reality and find a time where it was the three of us against the world, I knew it wasn't right. It wasn't right for me. I knew I couldn't go back to them.

I'd take me being against them over anything if it meant true happiness, even if I knew that the human thing to do was to forgive them. 

Too bad I'm not human.

I was a vampire now, and nothing felt better than revenge. 

We were a family, one that we believed would be together till the end of time. But that belief was shredded to pieces the moment a bullet went through my heart. I want them to know what it feels like to have the only thing they love be ripped from their lives. It's what they deserve.

"Have you come to sort things out with us?" Damon asked with hope, as the two of us approached him and Stefan. His chirpy tone and Stefan's smile told me that they had recovered from my entrance. I scoffed at his idiotic question. 

"You won't ever get forgiveness from me."

Damon frowned before looking over at Rebekah. "How do you know her?"

"Rebekah's one of the many vampires I got the chance of meeting. She showed me what family truly means," I laughed before turning around and walking away. If I stayed any longer I knew I'd start to feel things I didn't want to feel.

I walked over to where the desserts were being served. Elena was perched beside the table, talking to a blonde girl who looked overly cheerful. I couldn't help but take in every feature of the human girl. She looked identical to Katherine, as if she were Katherine herself. I collected myself once I had finally approached her. She was my golden ticket. "I don't think we've met yet," I said with a smile. 

"Who are you?" Her blonde friend asked with confusion.

"None of your business."

"Damon and Stefan's sister," Elena answered, as she stared back at me with calculating eyes. I watched as she tried to think of something to say to me, battling with her inner thoughts. I let out a laugh, choosing to mask a friendly demeanour. 

"Ashley. Nice to meet you Elena. I heard you stole one of my brothers hearts," I said, extending my arm so she could shake my hand. She looked at my hand for a moment, still slightly confused, before finally shaking it.

"I'm glad you're back in my brothers lives. I had no idea that you existed, but I can tell by the way they've informed me of you that you mean a lot to them."

I smiled at her response. They probably told her some happy story about the three of us, which only benefited me. If she trusted me, then it'd be effortless to get to her. If it comes to it, I might have to fake a forgiveness towards my brothers in order to get close to her. "I'm happy too," I stated before turning around to go back to Rebekah.

"You know Ash, you still haven't told me why you left," Rebekah said once I had approached her. I let out a sigh, feeling guilty that I left her without any notice.