Chapter 21

Gerard's POV

"You know he's not going to leave. You can come out now.", Bert says, tugging on my arm to get me out of his room.

"Nooo", I groan as I try to pull away from his grasp.

"Gerard you're going out there whether you like it or not. People are gonna start coming soon.", Bert pleads.

"Just come get me when it's packed full."

"Nope. You still have to help me get ready."

"Nooo."

"I'll tell Mikey and Pete to go somewhere else or something."

"Still n-"

Before I know it Bert's carrying me in his arms, bridal style out the door. "BERT FUCKING MCCRACKEN LET ME DOWN!", I screech at the top of my lungs. Pete laughs as his eyes dart from Mikey to me. I wriggle in his arms trying to get down but he continues to hold me tight.

Mikey's face reddens and he turns away probably from embarrassment. But I could see why he would have that reaction. His seventeen year old brother is being carried bridal style by a twenty one year old man. And to mention again his brother never knew he was gay. That'd be pretty awkward to me too.

"Why don't you guys go somewhere else while Gerard and I get everything ready?", Bert said as he wraps his arm around my waist. I acknowledge the sign of affection and lean my head in the crook of his neck. I could stay like this for hours.

"Uh sure", Pete says as he winks in our direction. I roll my eyes in response. "C'mon Mikey.", Pete said, tugging on my little brothers arm and dragging him to the kitchen.

"Somewhere else", Bert says a little more stern this time.

"This isn't your house though.", Pete said smugly.

"Yes it is."

"No, it's your sisters."

"Well she's in Boston right now so technically it's mine now GO!", Bert raises his voice significantly to the point that it makes the little hairs on my neck stand on end.

"Fine we'll go. You're such a wet blanket.", Pete says as he saunters out of the room with Mikey following him.

"You didn't have to yell", I mumble.

"It's fine he'I'll get over it it's not that big of a deal anyways.", Bert says.

I decide to shrug it off and help him instead. I walk out into the hot Jersey sun and get the plastic cups out of Bert's car. Bert leans over to reach in the trunk. As he crosses me he plants a small kiss against my neck. "Why are you feeling so tense, babe?"

"You already know.", I reply blankly.

"Yea I guess you could say I do, but you shouldn't get so worked up about him.", Bert admits.

I shrug, "whatever. But I want to get out of the heat. I'm burning up."

"Yea, me too."

.
.
.

Soon enough people are everywhere. After a few awkward introductions to all of Bert's friends that I've never met before I'm completely gone. I see Bert motion me over in the corner of my twisted vision. "Hey, Oli! Glad you could come!", Bert says as he opens the door and hugs a guy who looks about the same age as him, covered in tattoos.

"Nice to see you too, Bert", he says with a heavy British accent.

"Oh also this is my boyfriend, Gerard.", Bert says, pulling me in close.