Chapter 11

"Have you heard any more on that Sir Charles?" Lorena asked Nora as they were riding Abraham and Eddy leisurely through the field filled with yellow and purple flowers.

"No, I don't think so, I've asked mother about him and she said that he is from Canada, he is one of father's close friend's son. Apparently, Sir Charles' father has passed just recently, and he felt that it would be more compassionate to come here to Andover to tell father himself, and not through letter." Nora explained. Lorena felt a sudden urge of sadness for Sir Charles, she had never lost a parent, and her grandmother -her mother's mother- had passed away when Lorena was just young, and grandmother had never been a very personal woman, not that she was mean, but she never had known her well. Mother had taken to be very ill after that, and father would say things of how she needed to eat more, and maybe sit outside with him and talk for a while, but that only lasted for three months or so. 

"Oh my, that is so sad." Lorena said wistfully, looking down, maybe she shouldn't be so skeptical of him after all, he had just lost a loved one.

Nora nodded, "Yes it is." She said simply, "But father is having him over once more next week, and father is planning a trip with Sir Charles to Canada to attend the funeral, Sir Charles does not have very many family members, and father has always been close."

"Does he have no siblings? A mother?" Lorena asked looking up at Nora, they had come up the hill and could see down to the town, and the big willow in the front yard, the full vegetable garden in the back. The stable hand was cleaning the stable, pausing occasionally to wipe his brow.

"I don't think so, I think that his mother was gone before he can remember, and I heard nothing of siblings." 

"Oh, I see." A fly or a bumble bee buzzed past Lorena's ear and she batted it away with a wave of her hand.

The heat of the sun was starting to get to her, and Nora being much more delicate then herself, her face had turned red a few minutes ago and her forehead seemed to be a bit damp. 

"Are you looking forward to Sir Fredrick's arrival tomorrow?" Lorena asked her, leading Abraham back down the hill slowly.

"I am quite afraid that not everything is in order, but yes. I am looking forward to spending some time with him, he wrote me just the other day, saying that he was thrilled to be seeing me soon and that the first two days that he is here we need to set a date for the wedding, and he said of how understanding he was of me wanting to wait a while, but he told me that sometime next summer would work better with him, and that he knows if we do not have at least a year long engagement there will be some conflict."

Lorena was sad to see her sister get married but she knew that this would happen her whole life, and that they wouldn't always be thirteen and eleven, that they had to grow up sometime. Although it happened too soon for Lorena's liking.

"Do you think you'll move out of the country when you're married?" She asked her sister, who shrugged.

"I can never be sure, he had told me of some bungalow that his family owns, it's a nice three room home and a perfect place to live before we will have any children. Which is very odd to think of." Nora laughed, "But I'm sure that won't be for many years to come."

"Yes, you being a mother is even more strange then you being married." Lorena laughed and Nora shook her head smiling.

"I completely understand what you are saying." There wasn't much more that Nora had thought of to say on the subject that she was willing to share with anyone at the moment, so she decided to change the conversation towards Lorena and Aaron.

"I don't think that there is anything of importance in that situation." Lorena defended when she asked, saying it she looked down as if she was disappointed.