seven

POV: Riley

9:49 AM / June 7

I wake up the next morning smiling.

Still in shock that he swiped right, I check my profile one last time to double check everything that had happened last night was in fact real. Looking at his pictures again just made me even more stunned by his beauty. God, he was so attractive. His last picture makes me feel some sort of way, I can't even describe it [picture above]. I sound obsessed, but at this point I could care less.

Some small part of me was expecting a good morning text, but I knew that was too much to ask from a Tinder match, especially only after one night of talking. But our conversation last night felt so much more than just a couple hours. I feel like I have known him for much longer, as odd as that might be.

I roll off the side of my bed and pull on my over-sized sweatshirt, followed by my black sweatpants and pink fluffy slippers. I begin to wipe my eyes as I head over to my mirror and tie my hair back into a messy bun. As I head down the stairs, I see Ashlyn sitting on the couch watching t.v., with what seems to be a cup of tea in her hands.

"Good morning, beautiful." She's obviously mocking my appearance, due to the smudged makeup around the corners of my eyes left from the night before.

"Yeah yeah yeah," I mumble. I walk over to the kitchen and place my phone on the counter. I crouch down to grab the Trix cereal out of the cabinet and pour it into my favorite bowl.  As I'm taking the milk out of the fridge, I hear my phone ding. I immediately rush over, hoping that it is Luke with a response.

As I pick up my phone, I see a text from my best friend, Kate. Dammit.

5:06 PM / June 7

My whole day consisted of moping around the house, simply too lazy to go outside into the hectic streets of New York City. It was one of those days where I just didn't have the energy to put on a bra and do my makeup. I had zero motivation.

The only semi-productive tasks I had completed today was reading 6 chapters of Me Before You, cleaning out my closet, and throwing out all my middle school journals that were too embarrassing to keep any longer. And throughout this all, I still had yet to receive a message back from Luke.

It was killing me. I mean, I know that he is probably busy being a typical tourist, but still. It really felt that he was enjoying the conversation last night as much as I was. I was honestly surprised he hadn't responded back yet.

6:18 PM / June 7

Still no message. But that was okay. I was occupying myself and trying not to be an obsessive teen. I had told myself all day not to freak out whenever my phone vibrated, and I was doing a great job.

I was content with lying in my bed, eating left over Chinese food, and watching Orange is the New Black. It couldn't get more satisfying than this. Then yet, I heard my phone vibrate over the noise of the t.v.

Please please please be him. I flip over my phone to read the message,

Kate: Can I come over tonight??

God dammit.

________________________________________________________________

Please don't forget to like, comment, and vote!!! ily <3