thirteen

POV: Luke

I had been sitting in this hotel's lobby for what seemed like hours. 

Heavily anticipating for her to walk through the door, my right leg shakes up and down. For some reason my nerves are really getting to me. I rarely ever get this nervous for encounters such as this; meeting a girl from Tinder around midnight was nothing new to me. But I think my intentions are different this time, hence why I'm so anxious. 

I constantly start to lick my lips, a nervous habit of mine. I tell myself to get up, and sit in the chair facing the opposite direction of the door. I don't need to be staring at the entrance until she walks through, thats a bit stalker-y. 

I pull out my phone in hopes of a distraction. I notice that I have a missed text from Mikey, this ought to be good.

Mikey: hey mate. if all goes horrible, you know which room you can send her too ;) 

I let out a chuckle. The man at the check in gives me a glare, probably curious as to why I'm sitting in the lobby at 12 o'clock at night. I disregard his stare and respond back to Mikey. 

Me: you're so full of shit :) 

Immediately as I hit send, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn behind to see Riley peering over me. 

I stumble out of the chair like this was my first time ever walking.  

Nice one, you idiot. 

"H-hi," I mange to blurt out as I regain my balance. In response, Riley lets out a small giggle. 

"Luke," she leans in for an embrace. "It's so nice to meet you!" The smell of her vanilla perfume lingers around us. I take a second to process what's standing in front of me. Her blue eyes drew me in almost instantly, complimented by her blonde curly hair that stands so effortlessly on her shoulders. 

She's wearing the cutest Nirvana tee with black skinny jeans. I guess we have the same taste in jeans, making me dig this girl even more. 

"You as well." As I pull away from our hug, I quickly think of something else to say in order to avoid all opportunities of awkward silence. 

"You're just as pretty as you are in your pictures," my attempt at a smooth compliment. 

"Aww, that's sweet. If I'm being honest, I was pretty nervous to meet you. I actually thought you would think the opposite." 

Nervous? She has nothing to be nervous of. She looks completely beautiful right now. Something tells me that she doesn't think so herself. 

"You have nothing to be nervous about, you look gorgeous." I grabbed her hand as we started walking towards the elevator. "I hope I lived up to your expectations." I couldn't help but mentally laugh at myself for telling her not to be nervous, when I was the one who was secretly freaking out inside. 

"You are more than my expectations. For a brief moment, I was preparing for you to be a catfish." 

She follows me into the elevator and I press my floor's number. 

"Well I'm glad I'm not a catfish, that would have been horrible." 

She lets out another laugh. Her giggle is so freaking adorable, I honestly feel like I'm already swooning. 

"Yes it would have, thank you." She gravitates closer to me in this small space. Her perfume becomes an even stronger scent, but I don't seem to mind. 

I can feel myself continuously licking my lips between every sentence. I need to quit it, or she's gonna think there's something wrong with me. 

"Can I just say," she blurts outs. "Your accent is to die for." It's so cute how she finds my accent attractive. Not to be a full of myself, but it definitely helps me get the ladies.

"I think I've mastered it pretty well."

The elevator dings as we arrive on my floor. I walk out first with Riley behind me. 

As we make it to my door, I struggle to get the key card out of my pocket. Of course the one girl I have the desire to impress, my total idiot shines it's way through. 

"You need help there?" She lets out another laugh. 

"I'm good, I'm good." After an unnecessary struggle, I manage to get the key in my grasp. 

Finally I'm leading both Riley and I into my hotel room. 

________________________________________________________________

***ummm, Luke turned 20 today. I'm gonna cry, my baby is so grown up.***

Please don't forget to like, comment, and vote!!! ily <3