Chapter One

Hi, I'm Ashlynn Collins. I recently just found out some.....interesting news. First of all, I have a twin brother. Our parents weren't really in a serious relationship apparently and our mother got pregnant. I don't think either of them could take care of two kids so each took one. I went with Dad and Mom kept Jacob.

After 17 years I’m going to live with my mother and brother for the first time since I was born. My “stepmother “ Sandra, has a boy and a girl so I’m used to having a brother but Jacob is my actual brother and Mom never had anymore kids, so I’m more worried about him adjusting.

I’m more of a “suffer in silence” type. There was an.....incident several years ago that made it escalate from me being just shy. Doing what he thought was right, Dad just let me do whatever I wanted , even if it meant ignoring that fact that I would leave home on Friday nights and not come home til Sunday night/Monday morning most of the time. Or barely speak, leave my room, or hang around his “crazy” half sister and getting caught up in her interests but later for that.

The mexican side of me is more dominant so my hair is really long, pure black and is mostly straight. Some people tell me my eyes look like gold, others caramel. I stand at 5’0 exactly. I don’t really pay much attention to how my body looks, let’s just say I’m healthy.

I have a lot of tattoos. I have 3 pentagrams: one on each wrist and the other on the back of my neck and it’s enclosed in regular stars. Then on my right arm I have a set of fangs and on the other side 2 thick bands going all the way around. I plan to get more too.Both of my ears are laced with earrings. Wherever space was found, it got pierced. My nose has a stud in the right side and I have a double piercing in my lip on the left side.

Black is my primary color. Thankfully, most of the school uniform is the same color. They mostly just want you to wear the jacket and the skirt/pants. You can wear any type shirt and shoes. And you have the option of wearing a tie.

Some people would say that I’ve gone crazy over the years.

........They don’t know anything.