Chapter Four

It’s been a month since Ashlynn got here. From what I can tell, we’ve been getting along pretty well, even though I don’t see her that often but we always text. I haven’t been inside her room. No one has stepped foot in there once, not even Mom. I’m still not sure why she has locks on the door.

When I do see her, I get happier. Like one time, I was in the living room with the guys. She came downstairs and walked past. I waited for her to come back. When she did I watched her go up the stairs. She looked over and waved while I smiled at her.

However, I do know one thing, she’s very odd. I mean I am too but her type off odd is a bit strange. One time I was laying on my bed and I heard her door open. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move near my door. It was her. She was peeking around my door frame. I told her she could come in but she only looked around the room then disappeared.

She still goes out sometimes like the night I caught her leaving. I have no idea where she could be going. She told me that she doesn’t have any friends, so what is she doing out so late at night?

Mom told me not to overwhelm her but I just want to know my sister, y’know? Make up for lost time.

Tonight I was up late watching movies in the living room. I’m pretty sure I had been dozing off but I was completely awake when Ashlynn came in.

She appeared in the light of the TV after I heard the door close. She walked over and sat next to me on the couch. I looked at what she was wearing. Her shirt was sleeveless, tight, and stopped in the middle of her stomach. Her skirt was loose, short in the front and long in the back.She had one of those bracelet things you wear up on your bicep and a couple necklaces.

“What are you wearing?”

“Clothes?”

“Seriously. Why are you dressed like that?”

“It isn’t the right time for me to tell you”

“Why not? What are you doing?”

“I told you I can’t tell you yet”

“Why? Do you not trust me?”

She looked at me sad. “No, It’s not that. I just don’t think you’d understand. My world is different than yours”

“Look.  We may have been separated up until this point but now we’re together like we should’ve been. We’re family. If I can’t understand you, who can?”

“That’s true, but we’ve been exposed to different things. My life hasn’t been the easiest to handle. I’d have to explain a lot to you, stuff that might freak you out”

“Don’t worry about it. I just want to learn about my twin sister” I said poking her cheek