Don't Leave

Your POV

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I said as I bumped into a strange guy. I just made a fool of myself. God, I'm an idiot.

"No, no. It's fine. It was my fault, señorita." He said, as he helped me up. "I'm Arlan."

"(Y/N)." I said as I extended my arm to shake his hand.

"(Y/N) huh? Pretty name. Sounds like an Angel's name." He said, obviously not meaning for me to hear the last part.

I blushed at his cute comment. Speaking of "cute", he's cute. Handsome even.

"So, (Y/N), can I take you out sometime? I'd really like to get to know you." He said, coming off a little strong.

"Yeah, I'd like that. Here's my phone number." I said as I gave him my business card. I'm a party planner. "Call me."

"Will do, señorita." That was the last thing he said to me. After that, he walked off.

Arlan's POV

  That girl, she was... Beautiful. I thought to myself. With her (E/C) eyes and her (H/C) hair. Simply gorgeous.

~Three Weeks Later~

Your POV

It's been three weeks since Arlan and I started dating, and he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet. Like, what are we?? Don't people usually ask by now? I shouldn't complain, maybe he has something big planned. Or he's just nervous. Who knows. Should I ask him where our relationship is going? Nah, I'll wait till later for that. Too soon, man.

Recently, him and his friend, Evan, have been fighting. I don't know what about though. He never tells me why. But, he always makes sure I'm nowhere near Evan, as if he's going to hurt me or something. I don't know what's going on but someone better tell me. I'm getting tired of their fighting.

Arlan's POV

Evan and I were fighting again. We've been fighting non-stop ever since I introduced (Y/N) to the group. I haven't told her why we've been fighting, and I feel so bad about it. I feel like she's becoming more curious. I just can't tell her why. Now's not the time. If I had my way, she'd never find out. But life isn't perfect.

Just then, in the middle of our fighting, (Y/N) walked in. She seems pretty annoyed.

"That's it, I've had it. What is going on between you two?! What are you always fighting about?"

  "(Y/N)... There's something I need to tell you." Evan said, quietly.

"Evan, don't you dare." I said, hugging (Y/N). She pulled away.

"So? What's going on?"

"(Y/N).. I'm in love with you."

Right when he said that, I felt like I was going to explode. What if Evan telling her causes her to leave me for him?

I stormed out of the room. I couldn't take it anymore. He's wanted to tell her ever since he met her, and I couldn't take it. (Y/N) followed me. That was a relief.

"Arlan, wait!"

I stopped walking and turned to face her. I think she could tell I was mad. Just a little bit.

"Why did you storm off? Do you think I love him too or something?!"

"No, (Y/N). I don't. I just couldn't stand seeing my best friend tell my soulmate that he loves her." Did I just call her my soulmate to her face? What if she thinks I'm a creep now? I can't believe it just slipped out like that...

"S-Soulmate?" She asked, dumbfounded. 

Right when I was about to answer, Evan walked in. Not great timing, Evan.

"I'm sorry. To both of you. I wish you a lifetime of happiness together." He said as he grabbed his bags and left our shared house.

"Evan, wait." (Y/N) called out. "I'm sorry that I don't feel the same way about you, I really am. But you'll find someone else, someone better for you than me. I promise you."

He glanced at her, and got in his car and left. For good, I'm assuming.

Your POV

"I can't believe he left." I told Arlan, the only other person in the house at this moment. "Do you think he'll come back?"

"I don't know, (Y/N). Hopefully."

It got silent. Pretty fast. What do I say? Do I tell him I have to go? Do I ask him how he's feeling?

Finally, he broke the silence and interrupted my thoughts.

"I've been meaning to ask you something..."

"Okay, shoot." I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, for two weeks now, I've been meaning to ask you to be my girlfriend. But, Evan got in the way. So, what do you say? Will you make me the luckiest guy on earth by being my girlfriend?"

"Of course, Arlan."

There it was. He finally asked. Wow, I've got the man of my dreams. I feel it already.