Prince Arlan

Hi. My name is (Y/N). But obviously you knew that.
I've recently been through a really bad breakup with a guy named Edgar, whom I was with for 11 months. Today would've been our one year anniversary. Do you wanna know the saddest part? I'm in love with his best friend, Arlan. And I have been for a long time, even when Edgar and I were still dating.
So, there ya go. Now you know my back story.

Your POV

I've been crying my eyes out every day for two weeks. But, today, I'm finally moving on. And I'm planning on telling Arlan about my crush on him, I just have to find the right time.
There's this Halloween party on Friday that every one in the area is going to, except for me and my friend, Samantha. Rumor has it that Edgar is taking someone, so I'm steering clear of that.
Anyway, let's get to the interesting part.

*Flash Forward Three Days*

Today is currently Wednesday, aka the day I'm finally going to tell Arlan.

"There he is!" I whisper-screamed to Samantha.
"You ready?"
"Not one bit." I said as I got up and walked toward Arlan and his friend Miguel. "Hey, Arlan, can I talk to you for a moment?"
"Yeah, sure." He said, and shooed away Miguel.
"Okay, so I've been meaning to tell you something. Something that I would like to stay between us... I like you. And I have for a while. I know you might think that I'm trying to get back at Edgar, but, believe me, I'm not. I couldn't care less about him anymore. I know this is pretty weird since him and I just broke up, but I couldn't keep it to myself any longer. So, yeah, that's it. Again, I'd really like it if you wouldn't tell anyone about this. Sorry for waisting your time." I laughed slightly, to show that I'm not all serious. I got up, and started walking towards Samantha.
"(Y/N), wait." I turned around. "I like you too."
"Y- you what?" I was confused, I felt like I was dreaming.
"I said I like you too. I always have. I just never did anything about it because you were with my best friend."

*Flash Forward To Friday*

"Hey, (Y/N). You ready to go?" Arlan asked while leaning in to hug me.
"Yeah, im ready." I said with a smile. I grabbed my coat and stepped outside, closing the front door behind Arlan. I was wearing a Leia costume, and Arlan was wearing a Han costume. Gotta show my support for my favorite movie.
Yes, Arlan asked me to go with him to the party. This was kinda our first date.
When we got there, I immediately saw Edgar. But, to my surprise, he wasn't with anyone. I don't think Edgar knew Arlan was taking me, judging by the look of surprise on his face when he saw us together.
Edgar walked up to Arlan, ignoring my existence completely. "Hey, man. Have you seen Sarai?"
Oh, her. That must be the girl he was taking. I absolutely hated her, and he knew it.
"No, I haven't. Sorry."
Arlan looked at me with a look of apology on his face. We walked away, just to run into another one of Arlan's friends, Elvis. My least favorite. He's so obnoxious.
"Yo, Arlan what's up! Whoa, what are you doing with (Y/N)?!" Every one of his friends talk about me like I'm not even there.
Arlan gave him a look, which made Elvis say "Okay I can take a hint." And he walked away.
"Sorry about all that. I know it must've been awkward seeing Edgar."
"No, it's fine. I'm just happy he got stood up."
We laughed and danced all night long. It was kinda like a fairy tale ending. But, instead of saving me from a dragon or a tall tower (or both), he saved me from myself, and reality.

(Partially based on a true story)
(Sorry it's short😅)