Pen Pal pt. 1

Today our teacher announced that we are getting Pen Pals from America. I can't say I'm too excited about this, since I hate writing.

But, maybe it'll be fun. Maybe I'll get paired with a hot guy. I just wish we could like class FaceTime or something, ya know? I hate writing to people I don't know. Okay, fine, I just hate writing in general.

----

So, today's the day I have to write a letter to someone random. Someone from America, that I don't know. I don't even know their name yet! This whole thing seems so sketchy to me.

After 20 minutes of writing and thinking, I finally finished the letter.

Hi, my name is (Y/N). I live in Australia, I'm 18, and in year 12. I can't wait to talk to you and get to know you over the year.
                        -(Y/N) xx

Okay, obviously I lied about the last part. And, I know, it was pretty cheesy and short, but I got tired of writing. I'm horrible at this stuff. 

Within a week, I got a reply. The whole class got replies, actually. But mine read:

Hi, (Y/N)! My name is Arlan, I'm from California, I'm also 18, and in 12th grade. And I'm also looking forward to talking to you and getting to know you too :)
                         -Arlan

Alright, well it was short and sweet, just like mine. I really don't know how to continue this, so I'll just ask him some stuff about America.

----

It's been 3 months since I first started talking to Arlan, and I want to meet him so bad. He seems like such a fun and energetic person. He told me he posts gaming videos on YouTube, and I've actually checked out a few, but he hasn't done a face reveal yet so it only makes me want to meet him more.

Lucky for me, our teacher told us we're going to take a trip to America in a week to meet our pen pals. Which is exciting yet incredibly nerve racking.

  The teacher is currently passing out permission slips, and my best friend Ashton is whispering some stuff to me that I'm not listening to.

"(Y/N)!!! YOO-HOO! ARE YOU ALIVE?!" He waved his hand in front of my face, and I could've sworn it was gonna fall off.

"What? Yeah, yeah, I'm alive. Sorry. What were you saying?"

"I was saying that I need to come over and help you pick out an outfit for when you meet this guy. You're totally in love with him," he stated, earning a glare from me.

"I am not in love with him, I've never even seen the guy," I said whilst slapping him on the arm.

"Whatever, I'm still coming over to help you pick out an outfit."

----

"Ashton, no! That's the ugliest sweater ever, I don't even know why I have it."

"But it's soooo cute!"

Right now I'm sitting on my bed, while  Ashton is digging through my closet to try and find something for me to wear when I meet Arlan tomorrow.

Since the flight is going to be 14 to 15 hours long, our small class will be staying in L.A. for 3 days. That means I'll get a chance to explore one of the most popular cities in America with Ashton.

----

"WE'RE HERE!!!" Ashton yells in my ear as we get off the plane.

"Yes, Ashton. We are." I said as I rubbed my head, signaling that I have a headache. 15 hours of sitting and doing nothing absolutely sucks.

We got on the plane at 10:00 a.m. in Australia, and right now it's 5:00 a.m. in L.A.

We're all headed to our hotel rooms, and then out to explore the city. The whole class is gonna do a bunch of tourist-y things and then we'll head to Arlan's school at 8:00.

Ash and I walked to our room and put our stuff inside.

"Wow, it's huge," Ash said as he set his bag down on the floor.

"I bet you've heard that one before." I winked at him and walked out the door, towards our class.

Ash quickly caught up with me and punched me in the arm.

We arrived at the school, and I can already feel my heart racing. We all walked into Arlan's class and my heart rate instantly sped up.

Our teacher called out our names as we raised our hands to show who we are. All I could think about is how this is such an awkward way to meet somebody.

She called my name so I raised my hand, and immediately I made eye contact with a brown haired kid. He had a look of surprise on his face, and I instantly knew that was him. We made eye contact for what felt like forever, until his teacher started reading out their names.

"Arlan." The teacher announced. And, sure enough, the brown haired cute kid that I was making awkward eye contact with raised his hand.

To Be Continued

(((A/N: I'm such a bad writer agh but anyway I'm sorry for updating like a sloth, I don't know what to write about anymore bc I'm horrible at writing so if anyone wants to help that'd be amazing and yeet bye)))