intro

Monday | 13:40

Sun poured through the classroom window and Natsu Dragneel impatiently tapped his pencil against his desk. His biology teacher, Professor Wakaba, was announcing the partners for the upcoming project and Natsu had never been so nervous about an assignment. Ever since he had been diagnosed with his fatal illness, he had constantly feared partner work.

"Levy and Lucy, Erza and Jellal, Sting and Rogue..." The Professor's monotone voice droned on and Natsu's anxious pencil-taps became more vigorous.

The pink-haired boy lived in constant fear of other people judging him. It was as if all they saw was how sick he was. He wasn't even a person anymore, in their eyes, he was just another ill patient for them to pity.

"Finally," Professor Wakaba spoke, clapping his hands together once, gaining Natsu's full attention again. "Gray and Natsu."

His breath hitched at the mention of his partner's name and his throat turned dry. Gray Fullbuster: intimidating, popular, a try hard, very arrogant and now Natsu's new project partner.

Slowly, the pinkette nervously turned around in his chair to face Gray, who was sat a couple of rows behind him. An amused smirk was plastered to the raven-haired boy's face, as their eyes locked contact.

They stared at each other for a short moment, until Gray did something unexpected.

He smiled.

----

A / N ♥︎ Hey guys!!
This is a new fanfic I'll be writing and I'm so excited for you all to read it, as I really like the idea. Chapter one will be up very soon and more will be explained as the story continues.

Incase you haven't realised; Natsu is sick and this story will base around him coping with his illness. I hope you all enjoy :) // ♥︎ L

(I am still writing Melting, by the way, but hey I can tackle two fics at once, right?)

----