four

Friday | 16:57

"Therapy!" Natsu was laying on his back, repeatedly throwing an empty plastic bottle in the air and catching it. "Can you believe it?! Why do I need to go to therapy?"

"Maybe because you have no sense of direction and always wear that goddamn scarf, even when it's a hundred degrees outside?" Sting joked from the other side of the room, causing Natsu to abruptly sit up. He tossed a pillow at his best friend's head and fingered his scarf protectively, inhaling it's smoky scent.

Igneel had given that scarf to Natsu as a birthday present years ago and it had been special to him ever since. He wore it almost every single day; it was dumb but he wanted his father to always be beside him. Igneel was constantly at work nowadays and he never even tried to make time for his dying son. It hurt.

"Hey!" Lucy cried, as the pillow shot passed Sting's head and hit into her. She was painting her nails and the pillow jogged her arm, causing her to paint a metallic streak across her foot. "Watch it, dorks!"

Natsu smiled at her apologetically and then laid back down, with a sigh.

Sting and Lucy would hang out at the pinkette's abode every Friday after school, without consent. Grandina didn't mind though, she was happy that her son actually had friends that didn't plan on leaving him.

"This weekend is going to be so boring!" The blonde girl groaned after a few minuets of comfortable silence. "Loke is going home to visit his parents, meaning I'll be alone."

Sting looked up from his phone and furrowed his eyebrows in mock-offence, "hey! You're always with Loke! You can just hang out with me. I'm fun too, you know?"

Lucy shot the boy a glare, before blowing her toes in attempt to dry the silver polish.

All of a sudden, Natsu's phone vibrated in his pocket and he quickly retrieved it. The message was from Gray.

--

Gray Fullbuster: get ready to cross number 3 off of your bucket list. My good friend, Jellal Fernandes, is having a party tonight and you're coming. I'll pick you up at 8, you can bring friends.

--

The pinkette's eyes widened at the text and Sting quickly scrabbled to Natsu's side, being his usual inquisitive self. He whistled when he saw that it was Gray, causing Natsu to immediately lock his phone.

"Who is it?" Lucy queried.

"Gray!" Sting spoke, dragging out the a and wriggling his eyebrows suggestively, causing the pink-haired boy to hit him on his arm.

Natsu clicked his tongue and quickly typed out a reply. "There's a party at Jellal Fernandes' house tonight and we're, apparently, invited."

Lucy's eyes widened and she jumped to her feet in excitement, "are you serious?!"

Natsu nodded slowly and the blonde girl threw herself at him, squealing bountifully.

"Oh! I've always wanted to get into one of Jellal's parties!" She kissed the boy's peachy cheek twice. "I need to get ready! I'll go and borrow some clothes from Wendy." She slid off of the bed and scurried over to the door.

Sting made a face, "are you sure you'll fit into Wendy's clothes? She's 14."

The girl stuck her tongue out at him, before slipping out into the hallway, calling for Natsu's younger sister.

After a moment, Natsu sat up and swept his salmon coloured hair out of his eyes. "We better start getting ready," he grinned, cracking his knuckles and stretching.