six

Sunday | 09:19

The boy's decided that the one-week of slavery would start when they weren't so hungover. Which was why Gray had awoken from his slumber so early on a Sunday morning. He intended on taking Natsu out for lunch somewhere, which was completely out of the ordinary for Gray. He had never even taken his on-and-off girlfriend, Juvia Lockser, out on an actual date before.

"Hi dad!" He spoke in a sickeningly sweet tone of voice as he slid onto a stool at the kitchen island. "Hey mom!"

"Hello darling," Mika Fullbuster, Gray's mother, said. She then turned to Gray's father, Silver Fullbuster, expectantly.

Silver didn't say anything and the ravenette chortled sarcastically. "If it's that difficult to say hello to me, old man, don't strain yourself."

"Gray!" Mika hissed, tapping the back of her sons head lightly. The boy only rolled his eyes and grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl.

It was safe to say that Silver despised Gray. He didn't approve of anything his son did; he hated Juvia, thought she was a 'slut' after he walked in on her and his son one evening. He hated the fact Gray would go and get drunk with the Fernandes Family's son and hated that his grades were permanently slipping. In his eyes, Gray was nothing but a disappointment. Although, all of this meant it was also safe to say Gray despised his father equally as much.

"Where are you off to so early?" Mika raised an eyebrow, from where she was drying a freshly-washed dessert spoon.

Gray cleared his throat and slid off his stool, "I'm taking a friend out for lunch."

"How civilised of you," the woman smiled sincerely. "What's her name?"

"Natsu Dragneel."

Gray's words got an immediate reaction from Silver, who had choked on a mouthful of buttered toast. "Don't tell me you're talking about Igneel Dragneel's..." He lowered his voice. "Homosexual child?!"

The ravenette snorted, slinging his rucksack over his shoulder and peeling his un-ripe banana. "That is exactly who I'm talking about!"

"You've befriended my company's biggest competitor's manger's son!?" Silver put his head in his hands and let out an elongated groan.

Gray took a bite, "precisely!"

With that, he flashed a sarcastic smile at both of his parents and slipped out of the dining room, giggling to himself slightly.

"What's got you so jovial?" Gray stopped mid-banana-bite and looked up to see his younger sister, Ultear, standing at the stairwell with her arms folded.

The raven-haired boy shrugged, "I'm meeting a friend now, I'll see you later kay?"

"Kay!" Ultear tossed a lock of her glossy, onyx hair over her shoulder and grinned, bouncing down the stairs to knuckle her brother on the head.

The two siblings had always had a close bond, unlike the relationship they had had with their older brother, Lyon. None of the Fullbusters even tried to contact him. He had left them after his first year of collage – it took everybody a while to deal with his absence, but they were all mostly over it by now. It was years ago.

The ravenette rolled his eyes and unlocked the door, stepping outside, overwhelmed by the pulsing summer heat. He had always preferred the cold.

Muttering under his breath, Gray slipped into his father's Range Rover and started the engine. He knew that using this car would aggravate Silver immensely, which is precisely why he always used it.

The drive to Natsu's castle-like home seemed to take longer than it had before. It was probably due to all the red lights, shitty drivers and Gray's impatient self.