Chapter 9

I know it's not Friday therefore this chapter is late. But only by three hours. Hopefully, you all aren't too angry with me. Thanks bunches for the reviews! Also a big thanks to Gigi Scott and gatorgrl91 for helping me out and fixing my comma errors.

This is the safe version of this chapter.   For the M-rated version, please be 18 and hit up Fictionpad.com or FF.net.

........................

I spent the following days learning how to control my shield. Carlisle would have different family members rush me, and I had to protect myself. I found that I could do that easily enough, but I had more difficutly protecting others. It took a lot more focus and more power, for lack, of a better word, to be able to protect more than one person from being attacked. At this point, trying to shield more than one person was impossible. It frustrated me to no end, and I ended up taking my frustration out on a few trees in the forest behind the house. It didn't help that I was sexually frustrated as well. Ever since I'd woken up to see Edward through my new eyes, I'd been lusting after him. However, we hadn't had any time alone to do anything about it, and I was going fucking crazy.

"What's got you so upset?" Edward asked from behind me.

"How do you do it?" I asked, turning around and leaning my back against a tree that had survived my destructive nature. "How do you handle never having any privacy?"

He gave me a shrug and a smile. "You get used to it, but we try to give each other as much privacy as possible. It's pretty private right now."

"Yeah, I guess it is."

"So why don't you tell me what's really wrong," he said, placing his arms around my waist and pulling me against him. "Are you frustrated?"

I lost the ability to answer as his lips pressed kisses against my neck, and he nibbled his way across my collarbone. His hands left my waist, slipped underneath my shirt, and began to tug it up. I let out a groan as his lips left my skin, but as soon as my shirt was tossed to the ground, his lips were back on mine.

"God, I've fucking missed you," I told him between kisses.

"Oh baby, I've missed you, too. God, I can't wait to fuck you like I've wanted to," he told me. 

The sex between us had always been hot, but Edward had held back due to my being human. But now … now, Edward could let loose, and he did.

I was honestly surprised the tree in front of us had held up. Although, a closer inspection showed that I'd clawed the hell out of it.

"Better?" Edward asked, interrupting my inspection of the tree.

"Oh, yeah. We need to do that more often," I said with a sigh, leaning back against him.

He let out a husky laugh. "Anytime."

I felt more relaxed as we made our way back to the house, and I managed to ignore Rosalie as she wrinkled her nose when we walked in. I knew we smelled like sex, and I wasn't about to apologize for it.

"Feeling better?" Emmett asked me with a smirk.

"Immensely," I replied with my own smirk.

Over the past few days, Emmett and I had become close. He was like the older brother I'd never had, and he was fiercely protective. He loved helping me train and was more than willing to be my guinea pig when it came to testing my shield. Rosalie fucking hated it, and more than once, I'd heard her bitching about it. He'd finally put her in her place, so she spent a majority of her time pouting. It was a bit pathetic.

Eleazar, Carmen, Kate, and Garrett had headed back to Alaska with promises to keep a lookout for Victoria. They were out for blood just as much we were. In the meantime, we were supposed to go on living our lives like nothing had happened, and I was finding that difficult.