Chapter 5

I wake up with a smile on my face. Pandra's smile is contagious. My smile quickly turns to a frown as I remember the events from yesterday.

Getting out of bed, I put my uniform on and walk down the stairs to the kitchen. My father is sitting at the table. "Hi daddy." I say as I take my seat. My regular plate of bacon is already sitting on the table in front of me.

"What did I tell you young lady?" my father says with his arms crossed.

"What?" I ask. "I am going out with Wyatt like you told me to."

"I'm not talking about you not wanting to date Wyatt-"

"But-" I try to interrupt.

My father holds up his hand to silence me. "I know that you do not want to be in a relationship with Wyatt and that is not what bothers me. What bothers me is that you wont listen to my orders."

"What are you talking about?" I ask after I finish chewing a bite of bacon.

"I talked to the driver of the bus you take."

I swallow the bacon in my mouth as I wait for him to continue.

"He told me that you were talking to that Noah kid."

I was about to take another bite of bacon before he said this, but when he said it I instantly lost my appetite. "What did Noah ever do to you?" I explode onto my father. "You had no reason to hurt him."

My father keeps a calm expression on his face as I scream in it. With the same calm expression, he comes over and slaps me. "He is a filthy sinner! You are never to speak to him again!"

A tear runs down my cheek. "Understood father." I say as I get up and walk out the door.

When I get on the bus, I stand next to Noah and quickly explain with an angry expression on my face. "I can't be seen talking to you anymore, my father had eyes on me. I will find a way to see you again soon but please don't be offended by this next part. Also talk to the others and tell them that I have to be around Wyatt for a while to sell this stupid relationship. Again, please don't be offended by this but I have to sell this." I quickly raise my voice. "Stop trying to talk to me you filthy fag!" I whisper once again with a single tear on my cheek. "I'm so sorry."

Wyatt had walked onto the bus as I started yelling at Noah.

I go and sit next to him and smile up at him.

"You could really be an actor." Wyatt says as he kisses me and grabs my hand.

"Thank you Wyatt." I say.

We walk off the bus with our hands linked. Once we get closer to the school, Wyatt let go of my hand and put his arm around my shoulder.

I put my arm around his back and stand on my tip-toes to kiss him a short kiss on the cheek.

As I walk into the school with Wyatt, I see Pandra giving me a sad look and everyone else in my group giving me a confused one. I also see Noah rush up to them and point to me as he explains the situation. After Noah stops talking, everyone's expressions are filled with sadness.

During classes, due to the original way we all sat, me and Wyatt weren't close to each other. I did my best to look impatient as my gaze keeps getting drawn to the clock and to Wyatt. About half way through the lesson, I take out a sheet of paper and write on it: MEET ME UNDER THE BLEACHERS DURING GYM.

I slightly push the note to the side of my desk that Noah is closest to. I see his eyes flick to my desk then back to his own work.

He smiles and does a little nod.