Chapter 13

After loading all of my stuff into the U-Haul, me, Pandra, Noah, and Kaleb wait on my front steps for my mom's friend to get there. When he gets there I say, "Hi, you must be my mom's friend."

"That I am." the man says as he steps out of his truck. "The name's Billy."

"Nice to meet you, Billy. I'm Dakota, this is my girlfriend, Pandra, my friend, Noah, and his boyfriend, Kaleb."

"Nice to meet y'all. Where's the U-Haul?"

"Around back."

The man jumps back into his truck and backs up around the house. When he comes back again, he has the U-Haul attached to the back of his truck. "Hop in the bed, I'll give you guys a ride."

We all climb into the bed of his truck.

When we get to the house, I stop Billy as he steps up to help. "Thank you, Billy. Can I ask you something?"

"Yes ma'am."

"After we get all this stuff in the house, will you stick around so we can go talk to their parents too?"

"Why would I need to be here for that?" he asks.

"We might need the U-Haul again."

"Oh. Well sure young lady."

We all start to carry the stuff into the house. When we get done, we all pile back into the truck and head to Pandra's house.

Pandra leads the way to her door once we get there. She opens the door and we all step in. "Mommy? Daddy? Are you home?"

"Panda? Why are you home so early?" I hear a male voice yell from another room.

Pandra walks into a living room and we all follow.

Sitting on the couch is her parents. "What is this, Pandra?" her mother asks.

"Mommy, Daddy, this is my girlfriend, Dakota."

"What?" her father asks this time.

"And this is my friend, Noah, and his boyfriend, Kaleb."

"Get out, now." her mother says.

"Come on, don't be like that." her father turns to her mother.

"No! They are all filthy sinners! This is a house of God! Please God shine light upon this house once more after the sinner's departure. Get your stuff and leave this house."

We all turn and run to Pandra's room.

"That went better than expected." Pandra says.

I laugh. "What were you expecting?"

"A bible thrown at my head? An exorcism? Definitely not expecting to be able to get my stuff." She walks to her window and opens it.

"What are you doing?" Noah asks.

"Kaleb, can you and Billy run and get some boxes? Go out and in the window, my mom would not be happy if we are passing her as much as needed to get all of my stuff out of here."

"Got it." Kaleb says as he jumps out the window.

I lean out the window. "Tell billy to drop the trailer so we can load some stuff in there while you're gone."

"Got it." Kalb yells from across the yard.

Me, Noah and Pandra take all the furniture out to the U-Haul through the house. Every time one of us pass her parents, they give us dirty looks. We get all of the furniture out there just in time for Billy and Kaleb to get back.

We pack all of her stuff into the boxes and hand them to Billy through the window. Once the room is empty and the trailer is loaded, we all jump out the window except Pandra.

"What are you doing?" I ask her.

"I need to close the window.  I'll meet you outside." She shuts the window and runs out of the room.

I run to the truck. When I get there, Pandra is coming out of the door. I grab her. "Off to our new house." I smile and kiss her.

We all get in the truck and go back to my new house.

After emptying the trailer once again, we head off to Noah's house.

Noah leads us inside and we go to the living room to find his parents. "Mom, dad, I'm gay. This is my boyfriend, Kaleb."

"And who are your other friends? Don't be rude, introduce us." his father says.

"This is Dakota and her girlfriend, Pandra."

"Nice to meet you three." his mother says.

"Wait, you guys aren't mad at me?"

"Oh, we have known for a while that you were gay." his mother states.

"Yes, son. We are not mad at you. This is who you are and if you are happy, then so are we." his father says as he reaches over and grabs Noah's mother's hand.

"You kids are welcome to eat dinner here."

"Well, we have to go do something first." Noah says.

"Okay, hurry back."

We run out the door and hop in the truck.

"What, no boxes?" Billy says.

"Nope. His parent totally accepted him." I say. "So, off to Kaleb's house."

Kaleb's parents are accepting too,but you can tell that they don't fully approve. We decide that Kaleb is going to stay at his own house too.

After the visit to Kaleb's house, we go back to Noah's house and eat dinner. After dinner, Kaleb goes back to his house and me and Pandra go back to ours.

We walk in the door and walk straight up to our room.

"Home sweet home." I say as I grab Pandra and kiss her again. "I love you."

"I love you too." she says as she kisses me back.

A/N

Well, I think that should be the end of this book. Sorry the ending was kind of sappy and sucked. Thank you all for reading this awful book. I love you all!!! <3 <3 <3